Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st September 2022, 09:47 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
First two episodes of house of dragons has been good. When did Mat Smith get so buff?
Not sure. Can't remember if he was in last Night in Soho or not. That's good if you've not seen it. Smith plays a kind of wide boy pimp.
Old 2nd September 2022, 03:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The new Lord of the Rings series is having mixed reviews to say the least.

Most have said it's basically dull as f*ck. Is this the case?

The Mail's Christopher Stevens says it's "Staggeringly bad".
I Don’t believe reviews of anything until it’s actually out, and it’s the General public opinions I take over critics.
Old 3rd September 2022, 01:30 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched episode one of Amazon's new Lord of the Rings series. Is this the shit that was supposed to knock my socks off? (most expensive tv show ever made). Debating whether to bother watching episode two.

Edit: The Boys is excellent, the last season (3) was top-notch. Also worth noting that the UK Sony blu-rays of seasons one and two look fantastic.
Old 3rd September 2022, 10:42 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I Don’t believe reviews of anything until it’s actually out, and it’s the General public opinions I take over critics.
Well now you can believe SymbioticFunction and he agrees with The Mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Watched episode one of Amazon's new Lord of the Rings series. Is this the shit that was supposed to knock my socks off? (most expensive tv show ever made). Debating whether to bother watching episode two.

Edit: The Boys is excellent, the last season (3) was top-notch. Also worth noting that the UK Sony blu-rays of seasons one and two look fantastic.
Old 3rd September 2022, 11:02 AM
Cult Veteran

I'm going to give it a try this afternoon, i like to make my own decisions before believing reviews too, but it's not looking good

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd September 2022, 12:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm going to give it a try this afternoon, i like to make my own decisions before believing reviews too, but it's not looking good
Yeash, if there's something i want to see i'll see it if i can ignoring any reviews.

I have no interest in a prequel to LOTR that's been made purely as a cash cow. It might look great but it lacks any actors. When you consider who was in LOTR and The Hobbit trilogies this seems like amateur hour with a load of no names.
Old 3rd September 2022, 01:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Well now you can believe SymbioticFunction and he agrees with The Mail.
And I’ve no idea if that’s a good or bad review I’ll have a look, 74 reviews on IMDb so far all above 7, only 3 under and there a 6.
Old 3rd September 2022, 09:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Saw the first episode of that there House Of The Dragon. Apart from seeing David Cann (the doctor from Jam) and Paddy Considine in a silly wig and the gore and that, I'll pass thanks. Don't Hug Me I'm Scared starts very soon on C4, that's all I'm watching this year.
MrBarlow likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th September 2022, 08:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching first episode of lord of the rings it's not as bad as I was expecting it's is quite slow with not a lot happening but you could say that of the movies. You can see a lot of money has been spent , not the cast and maybe not a billion dollars worth but it does look nice and seems to be taking a lot from the appendices . We have the most ugly looking bunch of elves I've ever seen!
Old 4th September 2022, 09:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Am marathonning season 2 of Pretty Little Liars. In retrospect there are some big hints dropped as to who the original A turns out to be, but even more impressive is the Halloween episode that has some major foreshadowing of later seasons. Even the scary story Alison tells the little kid she's babysitting, while not true in itself, contains some major thematic foreshadowing of massive revelations that won't come till season 6!
I'm quite impressed by that.

There doesn't seem to be a DVD release yet of the new spin-off, Original Sin, which seems very slasher horror and seems to be getting good notices. I'm almost tempted to "buy" it via YT if they don't announce a date soon.

Like this? Share it using the links below!