Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st August 2022, 09:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Echoes on Netflix. Michelle Monaghan plays identical twins who swap lives and identities every year on their birthdays. Then one of them vanishes and the other starts to find she may not have known her twin as well as she thought. This was a really good psychological thriller mini-series with plenty of twists. My only real complaint was some godawful green screen in the last episode. Terror of the Autons bad.
Old 21st August 2022, 09:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Did you never see The Night Manager, gag?

That was brilliant.
I'm pretty sure I bought it on DVD last year and watched it, yes it was very good.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 23rd August 2022, 04:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Beasts. 1976.

Special Offer
A young shop worker has a teenage crush on her manager, the shop mascot seems to come to life and cause havoc.
Starring Pauline Quirke, Geoffrey Bateman, Wensley Pithey, Ruth Goring.

During Barty's Party
A couple become under siege by a pack of rats, the wife tries to get help during Barty's radio show.
Starring Elizabeth Sellars, Anthony Bate, Colin Bell (voice only).

Buddy Boy
A night club owner buys a derelict aquarium that the main attraction was a dolphin called Buddy Boy, that the ghost may be tormenting the former owner and worker.
Starring Martin Shaw, Pamela Moiseiwitsch, Wolfe Morris, Stuart McGugan.

Baby
A young couple buy a small cottage, during the renovations they find a body of a mummified creature that may be tormenting the pregnant wife.
Starring Simon MacCorkindale, Jane Wymark, T.P. McKenna, Mark Dignam, Norman Jones.

What Big Eyes
A RSPCA officer investigating illegal sales of animals finds out a pet store has had some deliveries of Red Wolves. The shop owner admits to conducting experiments on them to prove the theory of lycanthropy does exist.
Starring Patrick Magee, Michael Kitchen, Gerald James, Bill Dean.

The Dummy
A actor in the midst of a nervous breakdown while making a film, believes he is actually the monster he is portraying.
Starring Bernard Horsfall, Clive Swift, Glyn Houston, Thorely Waters.

I have never seen this series before let alone heard of it, it's amazing what you find on YouTube, the uploading is a bit naff but these were certainly enjoyable (except for one episode). They are well written by Nigel Kneale and do come with a interesting twist that can be predictable. Good way to spend passing 6 hours of my night shift.

Beasts_%28TV_series%29.jpg
Old 23rd August 2022, 02:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I bought the DVD fairly recently, I've not seen these either, I think I'll bump them up the watch pile.
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 23rd August 2022, 03:26 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I bought the DVD fairly recently, I've not seen these either, I think I'll bump them up the watch pile.
You'll enjoy it. Plus you get Murrain as an extra as well.
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 24th August 2022, 06:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Red Rose ( BBC iplayer )
Only two episodes in, but it’s been pretty bloody good so far. Much better than I expected.
Started watching it, 2nd episode like you said it’s pretty decent, it’s like a British tv version of equivalent to a j horror type of thing Japanese have been making for yrs .
Old 25th August 2022, 08:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Spy X Family

I watched this enjoyable and charming anime which is about a spy who for his next mission he needs a family , so he adopts a little girl and has a marriage of convincing with a woman . But little does our spy know that the girl is telepath and his wife is dangerous assassin. As they go along they all get closer while the spy continues his mission which involved get his daughter in to a elite school.

King of the Rocket men.

A enjoyable cliff hanger serial about a elite group of scientist who are being murdered by the evil doctor Vulcan. As I said enjoyable and the cliffhangers are always a laugh as one episode you see them plunge too their deaths in a car or fall too they deaths but low and behold they jump out the car this time or suddenly they land on a ledge which wasn't thier last week.

Watching another serial this time The mysterious doctor satan.
Old 25th August 2022, 08:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Watching another serial this time The mysterious doctor satan.
Old 26th August 2022, 06:30 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
King of the Rocket men.

A enjoyable cliff hanger serial about a elite group of scientist who are being murdered by the evil doctor Vulcan. As I said enjoyable and the cliffhangers are always a laugh as one episode you see them plunge too their deaths in a car or fall too they deaths but low and behold they jump out the car this time or suddenly they land on a ledge which wasn't thier last week.
Spoken like a true Annie Wilkes!

Annie Wilkes: When I was growing up in Bakersfield, my favorite thing in the whole world was to go to the movies on Saturday afternoons for the Chapter Plays.

Paul Sheldon: Cliffhangers.

Annie Wilkes: [shouting] I know that, Mr. Man! They also called them serials. I'm not stupid ya know... Anyway, my favourite was Rocketman, and once it was a no breaks chapter. The bad guy stuck him in a car on a mountain road and knocked him out and welded the door shut and tore out the brakes and started him to his death, and he woke up and tried to steer and tried to get out but the car went off a cliff before he could escape! And it crashed and burned and I was so upset and excited, and the next week, you better believe I was first in line. And they always start with the end of the last week. And there was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCK - A - DOODIE CAR!

Paul Sheldon: They always cheated like that in clif... uh, chapter plays.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th August 2022, 09:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

Watched ep 1 of The Boys last night. Wow, a good current show (so far!)! In a world where superheroes are real, and none more beloved than "The Seven", a young man's world is blown apart when one of them accidentally kills his girlfriend, and no one much gives a crap. His devastation and anger lead him to a mysterious man who begins to open his eyes to the fact that there's nothing heroic about these supes... I've heard of this show, but didn't really know what it was - I thought it was one of those Sons of Anarchy type shows, which isn't really my thing - but this was very funny, surprisingly dark and very entertaining so far.
Demoncrat, trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!