Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st May 2022, 08:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching the offer which is about the making of the Godfather, knew some of what went on but this is fascinating, well acted and the actor playing Al Pacino is amazing looks , voice and mannerisms are spot on they really should get some type of award

But just how much is fact and how much is fiction but it's still highly entertaining.
Old 1st June 2022, 06:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the first two episodes of Pistol, really with the intention of just laughing at it, but can't help feeling annoyed.
Yes, I've read the book it is based on (Jones is also one of the producers). My problem with it is that the book was written as part of his AA treatment (I felt) and is therefore he's seeing events in hindsight. Plus the chap who is playing Lydon has a definite whiff of Kenneth Williams, I can see why he was angry about it.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st June 2022, 08:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished season four part one of stranger things part one , not going say anything and spoil it just that I enjoyed it and watch out for a cameo from a horror legend. Not that long wait for part 2.

Also started watching this.

Old 1st June 2022, 10:48 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Finished season four part one of stranger things part one , not going say anything and spoil it just that I enjoyed it and watch out for a cameo from a horror legend. Not that long wait for part 2.

Also started watching this.

You lost me with your opening words.
Demoncrat, trebor8273 and iank like this.
Old 2nd June 2022, 10:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Chucky (the TV show). Yeah, it's... not very good. Some of the actual Chucky stuff is fine, but the new characters are dull as dishwater, Tiffany gets on my tits as ever and Alex Vincent was a better actor at the age of seven than he is now.
Old 3rd June 2022, 07:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished Pistol.

After the last episode where he goes full phantasia mode, I now can merely say that this was Boyle's "story" of the band aided by the guitarists book.
Much like Alex Cox's Sid and Nancy then. The care taken with some of the recreations were admirable. But I can still see why Lydon would be furious.

Next!!!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th June 2022, 08:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched first episode of season three of the boys.

Shit I really didn't think this show couldn't get more violent and screwed up, but within the first ten minutes we have the mite a rip off of ant Man climb inside a man's penis from his pee hole and then he grows back to full size WTF!
Old 4th June 2022, 09:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watched first episode of season three of the boys.

Shit I really didn't think this show couldn't get more violent and screwed up, but within the first ten minutes we have the mite a rip off of ant Man climb inside a man's penis from his pee hole and then he grows back to full size WTF!
It's total insanity, I was thinking, my God that the BBFC could be having issues with this.

People online are having fits about not being able to binge watch the entire thing from yesterday. But I think that let it breathe and anticipate.

Also if the entire Season was up now, we'd be talking about the cliffhangers and not about the earlier episodes which lets things go to waste.
Old 4th June 2022, 10:22 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Yeah, people argue that having a whole series drop at once but do that and two days later it's all forgotten and move on to the next big thing.

It's better that quality series aren't simply disposable. Make people come back for more to watch the complete series. It worked superbly for fifty years plus with terrestrial tv.
Demoncrat, trebor8273 and iank like this.
Old 5th June 2022, 09:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Started watching these two classic shows.

Like this? Share it using the links below!