Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13852Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th December 2016, 11:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Woke up and opened presents but not long after I've spent most of the day vomiting or asleep, but have been watching battlestar galactica which I rank up there with the likes of breaking bad, soprano's, the wire etc. On the subject of Mrs browns boys have to agree with Rik and Harker , a pile of unfunny shite, Miranda is another I can t understand how people like it, but different strokes for different folks.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 25th December 2016, 11:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Woke up and opened presents but not long after I've spent most of the day vomiting or asleep, but have been watching battlestar galactica which I rank up there with the likes of breaking bad, soprano's, the wire etc. On the subject of Mrs browns boys have to agree with Rik and Harker , a pile of unfunny shite, Miranda is another I can t understand how people like it, but different strokes for different folks.
100% agree on Miranda,
Old 25th December 2016, 11:12 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Yes Miranda is godawful too. For the life of me I just don't see what's funny.
Old 25th December 2016, 11:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Yes Miranda is godawful too. For the life of me I just don't see what's funny.
I think it's excellent.

Just kidding. I've never seen Miranda as it looked awful from the trailers. I did enjoy the very first episode of Mrs Brown's Boys but it just seemed to be a one trick pony and i haven't seen it after the first three episodes.
Old 26th December 2016, 01:01 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I think it's excellent.

Just kidding. I've never seen Miranda as it looked awful from the trailers. I did enjoy the very first episode of Mrs Brown's Boys but it just seemed to be a one trick pony and i haven't seen it after the first three episodes.
Mrs Brown's Ballsack I can at least see what I'm meant to be laughing at. Unlike Miranda which is just lost in me.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 26th December 2016, 09:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished season one of battlestar Galactic.
Old 26th December 2016, 10:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Finished season one of battlestar Galactic.
That was the only one i could stand.
Old 26th December 2016, 11:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
That was the only one i could stand.
Really? Think its one of the best TV shows out there,up there with soprano's, breaking bad and the likes of the wire. Surprisingly well acted etc for a SciFi show. Like unlike most shows were everything and everyone is black and white, here its all shades of grey , with everyone having faults and as the show goes on the cylons are not the bad guys we think they are and we are just as bad if not worse than them.

Last edited by trebor8273; 26th December 2016 at 11:31 PM.
Old 26th December 2016, 11:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Really? Think its one of the best TV shows out there,up there with soprano's, breaking bad and the likes of the wire. Surprisingly well acted etc for a SciFi show.
The first season i thought was a chore however i loved the pilot. I bought the complete series box set for about £7 a couple of years back but haven't watched it yet.
Old 26th December 2016, 11:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The first season i thought was a chore however i loved the pilot. I bought the complete series box set for about £7 a couple of years back but haven't watched it yet.
First for me was the poorest,( but it is setting up a lot of stuff) but picks up greatly on following seasons. It might be set in space etc but I don t really count it as a tradtional SciFi show

Like this? Share it using the links below!