All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13872Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th February 2017, 10:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Exactly. I thought the same. It kinda dragged and became repetitive.
Don't a lot of show really. And me personally I quite enjoyed series 3, better than the slagging of it got. But that's just me..I did think series 4 got a bit silly and Ott ...spoiler alert.
Eg killing Sarah then bringing her back and making it look like her killing was faked , Erm no her head was in a box. Almost as daft as bringing bobby back from dead in Dynasty
Old 11th February 2017, 10:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Exactly. I thought the same. It kinda dragged and became repetitive.
I thought it would be one season getting out of prison and the next clearing his brothers name, so will see why it went on for four
seasons.

I take it the first is regarded as the best?
Old 11th February 2017, 10:42 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Don't a lot of show really.
No. Well not the ones i watch anyway.
Old 11th February 2017, 10:55 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Finished Mr. Selfridge this evening. Four series of brilliant period drama with the charismatic Jeremy Piven heading a strong cast concerning the story of London store Selfridges from it's ground zero beginnings, facing the consequences of the Great War and the country's change in social status up until 1930.

Admittedly it's not Cult Labs material, but as far as quality drama goes it's up there with the best. Characters so well written you feel as if you know them. A lot of fun, a lot of laughs, a lot of drama, a fair bit of tragedy and thrills, yet always compelling and gripping, it all feels quite bitter sweet now it's over.

Old 11th February 2017, 11:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I thought it would be one season getting out of prison and the next clearing his brothers name, so will see why it went on for four
seasons.

I take it the first is regarded as the best?
If remember correctly 2nd was regarded as even better and lived up to expectation.
Old 12th February 2017, 05:55 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Mr. Selfridge
Once I have worked my way through all the episodes in Thriller, Armchair Thriller, six seasons of Baywatch, the complete Columbo, a couple of seasons each of True Blood, Game of Thrones, South Park, and the remaining three seasons of House MD, Mr Selfridge will be near the top of the list to watch from start to finish. There are also shows such as Trollhunters, iZombie, and Stranger Things on Netflix which I want to watch, so obviously watching Mr Selfridge will not be for some time!
Old 12th February 2017, 07:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

At last !

I am bang up to date with these shows with watching..

ARROW S5 EP12
THE FLASH S3 EP12
SUPERGIRL S2 EP11
LEGENDS OF TOMORROW S2 EP 11

The highlight of previous episodes was the crossover episodes. Everyone from the shows were in these including some surprises from past seasons.
It was great to see Thea back as Speedy in these episodes as she is badly missed from Arrow in my opinion.
ARROW still remains my favourite although the flashbacks are quite tiresome now. Good to see a hopefully new Black Canary although Laurel can never be replaced.
THE FLASH with the current episode and next weeks looks like it could be a refreshing change to previous stories. I think at the moment the show is in overflow with speedsters everywhere and The Flash is becoming a guest in his own show. Talking about speedsters everywhere, Reverse Flash is in current LEGENDS OF TOMORROW episodes. Yawn! Remember I mentioned overflow of speedsters?
We have already had major stories with Reverse Flash and Damien Darhk and using these characters again is getting once again rather tiresome.
What with all the timeline changes in The Flash and Legends things are getting a bit out of control.
One week something gets changed. We have to change it back. Oh, but now we have created another time stream because of what we changed. Lets not change anything else. We can't bring Laurel back from the dead because of the time stream. Oh, but lets change the future because Iris is going to get killed. Wow.. I hope they have an endgame for all this.
SUPERGIRL remains fun entertainment and even after the crossover episodes she remains untouched by all the time traveling going on in the other series.
As much as I have issues with some of what is going on the shows they remain great series and being a comic book fan I get a kick out of all the references and seeing the characters come to life.
Old 14th February 2017, 05:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

SUPERGIRL S2 EP12 'Luthors'.

Lena Luthor is framed for stealing Kryptonite for her mother.
Convinced that Lena is innocent, Kara investigates as Supergirl and comes up against Metallo....

Another good episode. As with previous episodes Katie McGrath is great as Lena Luthor.
Kara finally tells numbnuts Mon-El that she has feelings for him. I thought this character would have gone by now but he looks like being around now for a while. Expect a costume soon..
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 15th February 2017, 10:47 AM
Ex-member

Finishing up season 1 of Shut Eye. If I was the one having the final say I'd give this show at least a couple more seasons. Solid so far.
Old 15th February 2017, 11:07 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottingaway View Post
Finishing up season 1 of Shut Eye. If I was the one having the final say I'd give this show at least a couple more seasons. Solid so far.
I've never heard of Shut Eye. Admittedly i'm not the greatest tv watcher and can get stuck in a 60's/70's groove but i've usually heard of shows.

Like this? Share it using the links below!