All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2017, 06:48 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Trebor seems to be our resident TV show expert, no doubt he’s watched it
Watched it, bought it, sold it, bought it again, watched 10 minutes of it, sold it again!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 27th October 2017, 08:05 AM
Cult Acolyte

Hot Metal season 2. Just as great as the first, with Richard Wilson replacing Geoffrey Palmer as the new hassled editor of the worst tabloid newspaper ever. So this is where David Renwick started habitually humiliating him on TV!
I also nearly cracked a rib at the advert for the "RatWorld" theme park and some of its attractions - "The Magical World of the Loony Left, where lesbians frolic in the woods and money grows on trees."
Still fricking hilarious nearly 30 years on.
Old 27th October 2017, 09:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Trebor seems to be our resident TV show expert, no doubt he’s watched it
surprisingly even i have not heard of it
Old 27th October 2017, 12:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watching the latest season of american horror story (seriously, one hour a week is tough to find!) & loving it!

Walking Dead has started but i may have given up since nothing has happened for the last 2 seasons!
keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 27th October 2017, 06:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Riks post put me in the mood for Sherlock so just finished series one and starting two, forgotten just how brilliant the first season was, Cumberbatch and Freeman are brilliant together, lets hope if we get a new season its like the first two and not the last.
Old 27th October 2017, 07:42 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Riks post put me in the mood for Sherlock so just finished series one and starting two, forgotten just how brilliant the first season was, Cumberbatch and Freeman are brilliant together, lets hope if we get a new season its like the first two and not the last.
I can't remember when, but it was sometime earlier in the year when I was switching between several different shows, including Sherlock and House, MD, when I realised the latter is a medical version of Sherlock Holmes.

House = Holmes – brilliant and extremely demanding sociopaths addicted to drugs and solving puzzles
Wilson = Watson – well educated and socially competent people who act as sounding boards for the protagonist

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 27th October 2017 at 07:56 PM.
Old 27th October 2017, 07:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I can remember when, but it was sometime earlier in the year when I was switching between several different shows, including Sherlock and House, MD, when I realised the latter is a medical version of Sherlock Holmes.

House = Holmes – brilliant and extremely demanding sociopaths addicted to drugs and solving puzzles
Wilson = Watson – well educated and socially competent people who act as sounding boards for the protagonist
I always thought it was quite common knowledge house was a medical version of Sherlock ,he even lives at baker Street on house (house =Holmes)
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th October 2017, 07:55 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I always thought it was quite common knowledge house was a medical version of Sherlock ,he even lives at baker Street on house (house =Holmes)
That's only revealed in (I think) the last season when you see a piece of mail with his address on it.

I seriously didn't even consider the link before that!
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th October 2017, 08:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

No, you see at least that he lives at 221B in the first or second season.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 27th October 2017, 09:23 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I can't remember when, but it was sometime earlier in the year when I was switching between several different shows, including Sherlock and House, MD, when I realised the latter is a medical version of Sherlock Holmes.

I can't remember the when or how but i was aware that the brilliant House was based on Sherlock Holmes quite early on.

Like this? Share it using the links below!