Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th February 2018, 06:30 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post

Aside from that, I'm halfway through the second series of COLUMBO and I'm really enjoying working my way through the large box set which I bought some time ago. The plotting is very clever and the guest stars, from Ida Lupino to Leslie Nielsen, John Cassavetes to Ray Milland (twice so far) and Honor Blackman make it even more interesting to watch.
I haven't even made a start on Columbo yet. Did you get yours when i did? Two years ago in an Amazon Black Friday deal?
Old 20th February 2018, 06:46 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I haven't even made a start on Columbo yet. Did you get yours when i did? Two years ago in an Amazon Black Friday deal?
Yep, that's how long it had been sitting unopened on the floor under a table!

After this, there's only the rest of Thriller, all of Armchair Thriller, Prisoner and Tales of the Unexpected to watch!
Old 20th February 2018, 06:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I watched the final four episodes of season four of Arrow last night.

I'm not just saying this but taken as a 160 minute piece this was far superior to all the recent DC films and most of Marvel's offerings as well.

Character driven, action packed, exciting and beautifully acted too. Highly recommended.

Interestingly Neal McDonough who plays Damien Dharke, one of the great DC villains also is a member of SHIELD in Marvel's universe.

Green Arrow, John Constantine and Black Canary in the fifth episode Haunted.
On the whole DCs TV stuff is superior to there movie's. I know TV and movies are different but why not get some of the people from the shows to do the films, can't be any worse than most of the films.
Old 20th February 2018, 06:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
On the whole DCs TV stuff is superior to there movie's. I know TV and movies are different but why not get some of the people from the shows to do the films, can't be any worse than most of the films.
Agreed. A tv series is always going to have it's quieter moments where the cast get to act rather than just be heroic. The cast of shows like Arrow, Supergirl and The Flash are far superior to the cast of the DC films.

Have you seen Supergirl the series. Even Ally McBeal is brilliant in that.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 20th February 2018, 06:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Agreed. A tv series is always going to have it's quieter moments where the cast get to act rather than just be heroic. The cast of shows like Arrow, Supergirl and The Flash are far superior to the cast of the DC films.

Have you seen Supergirl the series. Even Ally McBeal is brilliant in that.
Yes I have, Cat was one of my favourite characters in the show. I think most of the problems with the films lie with Zack Snyder, look at wonder woman which he had less too do with , which is the best of the bunch by far.
Old 21st February 2018, 08:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished season on of hell on wheels part way into season 2. Been watching full metal alchemist brotherhood and dragon ball z Kai.
Old 22nd February 2018, 08:38 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

LOVELY BUT LETHAL, the first episode from the third season of COLUMBO, is awesome. Following on from a guest appearance by Leonard Nimoy as a murderous surgeon in the second season (there were also appearances from Anne Baxter, Laurence Harvey and Martin Landau), this begins with Vera Miles (Psycho) killing Martin Sheen (Apocalypse Now) with a microscope. With Vincent Price playing Miles' employer, it's a top episode.

I'm now onto the next episode, ANY OLD PORT IN A STORM, in which Donald Pleasance has just killed a fellow wine connoisseur with a telephone and will try to escape the wiles of Lt. Columbo.
Old 22nd February 2018, 08:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
LOVELY BUT LETHAL, the first episode from the third season of COLUMBO, is awesome. Following on from a guest appearance by Leonard Nimoy as a murderous surgeon in the second season (there were also appearances from Anne Baxter, Laurence Harvey and Martin Landau), this begins with Vera Miles (Psycho) killing Martin Sheen (Apocalypse Now) with a microscope. With Vincent Price playing Miles' employer, it's a top episode.

I'm now onto the next episode, ANY OLD PORT IN A STORM, in which Donald Pleasance has just killed a fellow wine connoisseur with a telephone and will try to escape the wiles of Lt. Columbo.
Love Columbo always amazed by the level of the guest stars on the show.
Old 22nd February 2018, 09:20 PM
Cult Addict

S01E04-OrZgVxc4-subtitled.jpg

If you ain't seen it you won't get it.
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 22nd February 2018, 10:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Attachment 201679

If you ain't seen it you won't get it.

nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!