LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd April 2018, 09:44 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Armchair Thriller: The Limbo Connection.
I've had this box set in its plastic wrap since I bought it in July 2016 and haven't yet found the time to watch any episodes – I haven't finished Thriller, which I bought at the same time!
iank likes this.
Old 2nd April 2018, 10:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

I've just bought the complete set of that one too, along with a number of other such shows from the time. I'm going all retro here.
Old 3rd April 2018, 05:37 PM
Cult Addict

Seeing as it's been gathering dust for a while decided that I will sit through buffy

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 3rd April 2018, 06:13 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Seeing as it's been gathering dust for a while decided that I will sit through buffy
As good a reason as any! It's something I keep meaning to do, though I don't own the entire series and would have to watch it on Netflix. I would like to have the entire Blu-ray collection (and Angel), but every time I think about buying it I look at the number of unwatched TV box sets I have and decide against a purchase.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 3rd April 2018, 06:28 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
As good a reason as any! It's something I keep meaning to do, though I don't own the entire series and would have to watch it on Netflix. I would like to have the entire Blu-ray collection (and Angel), but every time I think about buying it I look at the number of unwatched TV box sets I have and decide against a purchase.
Buffy is one that you get into you will end up watching all 7 seasons within a few weeks, it's really addictive. I couldn't get into Angel as easily, I've still only watched the first 2 seasons. However, if and when Fox finally decides to upgrade them to HD I will happily buy both of them again.

I'm currently reading season 9 of Buffy, which in case you didn't know, after it was cancelled it continued in comic books, currently up to Season 11!
Susan Foreman and bleakshaun like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd April 2018, 06:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Buffy is one that you get into you will end up watching all 7 seasons within a few weeks, it's really addictive. I couldn't get into Angel as easily, I've still only watched the first 2 seasons. However, if and when Fox finally decides to upgrade them to HD I will happily buy both of them again.

I'm currently reading season 9 of Buffy, which in case you didn't know, after it was cancelled it continued in comic books, currently up to Season 11!
I had a couple years ago, I don't know where they are though.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 3rd April 2018, 06:43 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

I would want to watch Buffy and Angel in chronological order so the crossover episodes make the most sense and have the most resonance. It is not a case of buying and watching one – it has to be both!

I already own the first three seasons of Buffy, so just need to buy seasons 4-7.
Old 3rd April 2018, 06:51 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I would want to watch Buffy and Angel in chronological order so the crossover episodes make the most sense and have the most resonance. It is not a case of buying and watching one – it has to be both!
I think they only cross over for 2 seasons, by the end of season 2 Angel, Buffy has ended. However there are episodes when one character will say that they are going to LA and vanish for the episode only to turn up in Angel and back to Buffy the following week! It was only years later when the full extent of everything made sense because I never watched Angel when it aired.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd April 2018, 06:55 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I think they only cross over for 2 seasons, by the end of season 2 Angel, Buffy has ended. However there are episodes when one character will say that they are going to LA and vanish for the episode only to turn up in Angel and back to Buffy the following week! It was only years later when the full extent of everything made sense because I never watched Angel when it aired.
I watched them all when they were first broadcast, so remember the crossover episode sometimes making sense and sometimes not because they occasionally screwed up the order on Sky.

I edited my earlier post to say I only want/need Buffy seasons 4-7; for some reason, season 5 is much more expensive than the others.
Old 3rd April 2018, 07:17 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
List of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Angel crossover episodes | Buffyverse Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!