All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th September 2017, 10:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I am also binging on "Toast of London" at the moment, spectacular stupidity from Matt Berry. The one with the Bruce Forsyth surgical accident is on a warped level of genius few reach.
Micheal Ball!!!
Enjoy, it's a constant pleasure .... you've seen Snuff Box aye???

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th September 2017, 01:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished season one of Brooklyn 9 9, just started Bojack Horseman.
keirarts likes this.
Old 10th September 2017, 02:47 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I watched the first three – and so far only – seasons of Black Mirror, which I thank everyone for recommending. It's a brilliantly prescient and disturbing show which cleverly illustrates the dangers of our reliance on technology in a way which reminds me of some scenarios in novels by Philip K Dick. It's hard to pick out any favourite episodes, but White Christmas, the Christmas special, White Bear (the woman pursued by people with camera phones), Playtest (the extremes of gaming) and Be Right Back (a strange way of grieving) are all memorable. I'm eagerly anticipating season four.

After that, I've seen the first season of The Flight Of The Conchords (and have just started the second season), a show which I can watch many times and always find funny and the sixth season of Baywatch, which is notable for Mila Kunis' second appearance on the show (her first was in the fifth season) playing a blind girl. I'm nearly halfway through that and find it perfect for unwinding at the end of the day.

For those who are curious as to what Mila Kunis looked like in 1994 and 1995 during her appearances in Baywatch when she would have been 11 or 12 years old, I have attached screenshots. The first is from Aftershock in season five and the second Hot Stuff in season six.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mila Kunis (1).jpg (95.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Mila Kunis (2).jpg (35.2 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 10th September 2017 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10th September 2017, 06:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

15 Million Credits also a firm favourite ....
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th September 2017, 08:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished season one of Bojack Horseman and season 2 of Brooklyn 9 9 and started the expanse.
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th September 2017, 06:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just finished the pilot episode of The Orville. While not as funny as in was expecting and probably just above average it has potential to improve and with its tone will make a nice tonic to discovery which from all trailers looks very dark.

You can see that Seth really loves star trek and it comes across more of a homage than an outright spoof, its seems to be another show that critics dislike and the rest of us enjoyed it. At times I think critics hate fun!!

Will keep watching to see how it develops, also lets remember that most treks shows had a rocky first couple of seasons untill they found there feet.

But if you aren't a big fan of the humour of family guy and American dad I doubt this will change your mind.
Old 12th September 2017, 09:48 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Micheal Ball!!!
Enjoy, it's a constant pleasure .... you've seen Snuff Box aye???
I watched the Michael Ball one last night. Excellent. Nope, not seen Snuff Box. Big fan of Matt Barry's folky prog rock band though.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 12th September 2017, 11:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I watched the Michael Ball one last night. Excellent. Nope, not seen Snuff Box. Big fan of Matt Barry's folky prog rock band though.
Then I highly recommend SB. There are musical interludes in amongst the lunacy
Hear also I, Regress ... a rather darker radio series starring Berry as a shrink

[B]
Old 12th September 2017, 11:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I watched the first three – and so far only – seasons of Black Mirror, which I thank everyone for recommending. It's a brilliantly prescient and disturbing show which cleverly illustrates the dangers of our reliance on technology in a way which reminds me of some scenarios in novels by Philip K Dick. It's hard to pick out any favourite episodes, but White Christmas, the Christmas special, White Bear (the woman pursued by people with camera phones), Playtest (the extremes of gaming) and Be Right Back (a strange way of grieving) are all memorable. I'm eagerly anticipating season four.

After that, I've seen the first season of The Flight Of The Conchords (and have just started the second season), a show which I can watch many times and always find funny and the sixth season of Baywatch, which is notable for Mila Kunis' second appearance on the show (her first was in the fifth season) playing a blind girl. I'm nearly halfway through that and find it perfect for unwinding at the end of the day.

For those who are curious as to what Mila Kunis looked like in 1994 and 1995 during her appearances in Baywatch when she would have been 11 or 12 years old, I have attached screenshots. The first is from Aftershock in season five and the second Hot Stuff in season six.
"San Junipero is the only happy or positive episode , and he talking about a sequel.

Charlie Brooker talks prospect of 'San Junipero' sequel episode on 'Black Mirror' - NME
Demoncrat, keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 13th September 2017, 12:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
15 Million Credits also a firm favourite ....
I like that episode because it potrays Realism of how they don't really care about you , and are just using and abusing you to their advantage .
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!