All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th April 2018, 01:14 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I know this doesn't quite belong in this thread and is more than the What Have You Bought Recently? one, but it's a logical continuation of what is being discussed. Over the last 24 hours, I've ordered seasons 4-7 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all five seasons of Angel.

I didn't pay that much (just over £33 for all of them from a number of different places), so I'm going to try and work through my pile of unwatched TV shows a bit quicker than I had previously planned so I can begin to watch the first three seasons of Buffy for the first time in many years. Considering I spent £34.99 on the second season of Buffy when it was first released, it's astonishing how the second-hand market has changed what I can easily buy and afford.
Old 4th April 2018, 09:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

ARROW S6 EP16 "The Thanatos Guild"

Nyssa returns to help Thea when a new splinter group from The League Of Assassins need the daughter of Malcom Merlyn to find a secret map.

Arrow returns after a break of a few weeks.
The CW has so many DC shows now they just don't know how to handle them resulting in Supergirl, The Flash and Arrow getting shelved for a while. Supergirl is still on hold for another few weeks.

Anyway, great to see Nyssa again and to see Thea suit up as Speedy once more.
Another great episode and good to see the show back. So different from the now rather pathetic Legends Of Tomorrow which is not even worth commenting on at the moment.
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 5th April 2018, 06:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

been watching these shows

Greys anatomy
Blue bloods
Forever knight
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 6th April 2018, 06:11 PM
Cult Addict

On Season 2 of Buffy, I'm curious if any of the bands that have appeared in the Bronze have actually made it big?

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 6th April 2018, 06:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
On Season 2 of Buffy, I'm curious if any of the bands that have appeared in the Bronze have actually made it big?

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
I have a Four Star Mary album. They were known as Dingoes Ate my Baby in the series.
Old 6th April 2018, 06:36 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Right, in the second series, the bands that either played or were heard at The Bronze are:

When She Was Bad — Cibo Matto plays “Spoon” from “Super Relax” (at the beginning of the scene in the Bronze) and then “Sugar Water” from “Viva! La Woman” (when Buffy dances with Xander).

School Hard — Nickel plays “1,000 Nights” while Buffy is studying French and then “Stupid Thing” as Xander invites them to dance and Spike enters the Bronze for the first time. Both songs are from “Stupid Thing”

Inca Mummy Girl — Four Star Mary plays the songs of Oz’s fictional band Dingoes Ate My Baby. The bad plays first “Shadows” and then “Fate” (when Xander asks Ampata to dance) from the album “Four Star Mary.”

Halloween — Epperley’s “Shy” from “Epperley” is playing in the Bronze at the start of the episode.

Lie to Me — Willoughby plays “Lois, on the Brink” from “Be Better Soon” as the gang plays pool with Ford.

Phases — Lotion is playing “Blind for Now” from “Nobody’s Cool” when Oz, as a werewolf, makes a surprise appearance at the club.

Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered — Four Star Mary plays the songs of Oz’s fictional band Dingoes Ate My Baby. The bad plays first “Pain” from the “Buffy” soundtrack at the Valentine’s Day dance. Naked’s “Drift Away” from “Naked” plays in the background when Cordelia dumps Xander.

Passion — Morcheeba’s “Never an Easy Way” from “Who Can You Trust?” plays in the background of the Bronze at the beginning.

I Only Have Eyes for You — Splendid plays “Charge” from the “Buffy” soundtrack on stage at the beginning of the episode.

Go Fish — “If You’d Listen” from “Togetherly” by Nero’s Rome is playing at the Bronze as Buffy sees Gage playing pool in the club.

There is also the 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer soundtrack album which features music from series 1 - 4:

1. Buffy The Vampire Slayer Theme - Nerf Herder
2. Teenage FBI - Guided By Voices
3. Temptation Waits - Garbage
4. Strong - Velvet Chain
5. I Quit - Hepburn
6. Over My Head - Furslide
7. Lucky - Bif Naked
8. Keep Myself Awake - Black Lab
9. Virgin State Of Mind - K's Choice
10. Already Met You - Superfine
11. The Devil You Know (God Is A Man) - Face To Face
12. Nothing But You - Kim Ferron
13. It Doesn't Matter - Alison Krauss / Union Station
14. Wild Horses - The Sundays
15. Pain (Slayer Mix) - Four Star Mary
16. Charge - Splendid
17. Transylvanian Concubine - Rasputina
18. Close Your Eyes (Buffy/Angel Love Theme) - Christophe Beck
bleakshaun likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 6th April 2018, 06:44 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That information ^ is available on this website Bands Who Played at the Bronze in Buffy Season 2 which also has the music for the other seasons.

Credit where credit is due!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 9th April 2018, 01:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finally watched the second "series" of Julia Davis' scaborously funny Hunderby. If you can call two (extended) episodes a series cough. Yet again, she excels in fairly repugnant imagery to great comic effect. Recommended!!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th April 2018, 09:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Shadows of Fear: Did You Lock Up? A wealthy couple's home gets burgled while they are away on holiday, and the husband becomes obsessed not just with protecting his property but with getting even on the burglars. Great start to this early 70s British anthology thriller series, with a wonderfully macabre ending. I squeed when I realised one of the burglars was a young(er) Mark McManus, Taggart himself! And he didn't even have a Scottish accent either!

I also watched the pilot of early 70s murder mystery panel show Whodunnit. The pilot is a good 10 minutes shorter than the other eps, and Edward Woodward is a panelist rather than host (who was some guy I don't know), but I still very much enjoyed this too. I may have to order the next one with Pertwee.
Old 10th April 2018, 06:06 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
[B]I also watched the pilot of early 70s murder mystery panel show Whodunnit. The pilot is a good 10 minutes shorter than the other eps, and Edward Woodward is a panelist rather than host (who was some guy I don't know), but I still very much enjoyed this too. I may have to order the next one with Pertwee.
Shaw Taylor

He was mainly a television actor, making his debut in 1951 in the BBC 'Sunday Night Theatre' and continuing until 1979, when he appeared in an episode of 'Turtle's Progress'. He was also in a couple of films - uncredited in Hammer's 'X - The Unknown' and later in 'The Medusa Touch'

He is probably best remembered as being the host of 'Police 5' between 1962 - 2014: "Keep 'em peeled"!
Demoncrat, trebor8273 and iank like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!