Like Tree13872Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd June 2023, 11:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

LOCH

Ahem.

Silo. Ep 9.

Continuing right on from last week, this one flew past as things heat up severely and if I'm right and next week is the finale ... wooh mama etc. I still think a cliffhanger will take place but am along for the ride regardless. Our protagonist is pushed into a difficult situation by dint of her current predicament.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th June 2023, 09:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Space 1999: Dragon's Domain.

Or, the one with the tentacles
A disgraced pilot finds his demons are returning, maybe to the cost of the whole Moonbase ...
It still works certainly, though the terror it induced in me as a child has abaited somewhat (TF)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th June 2023, 07:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Dead Hour: Season 3.

Hunted.

4 people looking to climb the corporate ladder attend a team building exercise only for them to be hunted for sport.

Android Bride.

A young computer programmer having no luck dating decides to create the perfect A.I. woman.

This season had very little suspense going for it and I'm sure the stories have been done before, after the previous seasons weren't great but entertaining this one bored me to the point of questioning why I was still watching it.
Old 25th June 2023, 10:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

From. Series 2 finale.

This is the point that I lost it with Lost, so this is what all the trepidation was about. That horrible dawning that you're wasting your time
Ahem.
This ... differed.
Continuing last week's trauma to conclusion is bread and butter in this genre, it all hinges around the method of ... closure ... used I've found. This one pleased the demon greatly, a great twist unseen in its arrival. Roll on 3 then.

[B]
Old 2nd July 2023, 10:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Kolchak: Firefall. Spontaneous combustions set Kolchak on the trail of a ghostly doppelganger that's trying to take over the body of a famous conductor. Spooky episode - the bits with the conductor hiding in the church and the doppelganger leering at him from every window is creepy af - with a very original plot I've never seen elsewhere. Every time I watch an ep I'm always staggered by the quality of the Blu ray too. The DVDs looked like absolute shit, these are gorgeous.
Old 3rd July 2023, 04:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Caught up with the 4th series of What We Do In The Shadows. I had heard people bemoaning the fact that this one wasn't as good, but I did have fun mostly due to Colin Robinson's current situation ahem. Recommended.

[B]
Old 3rd July 2023, 05:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I liked the 4th series too but it is the weakest. Looking forward to the next one!
Demoncrat likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th July 2023, 09:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just finished the first series of Robin of Sherwood.

I have seen it before but apart from the first episode i didn't remember any of it.

It delves into the mystical on some episodes, mainly the first, second and sixth, with Herne the hunter and stone circles but mainly it's a Robin Hood romp not too dissimilar to the BBC series in the 2000's.

Michael Praed is a good Robin of Loxley and Nikolas Grace a fine Sheriff so much so that Keith Allen seemingly copied him for the BBC series. However John Abineri who plays Herne, i don't know, i only see him as Hubert from Survivors.

The fourth episode featuring a marauding band of Knights Templar was the strongest episode.

The question is do i continue onto series 2 or watch something else for a while?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg robin-4.jpg (69.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 5th July 2023, 06:27 AM
Cult Master

Started the new season of The Witcher. I'm really struggling with how fake it looks this time there is a lot of green screen and I'm not talking about creatures or monsters just standing in a field talking and the rest looks like it's just shot on a stage with a few bushes and a fake stream flowing through the background. Its also Henry Cavils last season so I don't think I'll be back for season 4 anyway I don't like Liam Hemsworth who is replacing him.
Old 5th July 2023, 09:35 AM
Cult Addict

I've yet to watch the second series of The Witcher. Not sure why, I enjoyed the first enough but have never been in a hurry to watch the rest.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Like this? Share it using the links below!