Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th July 2023, 11:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished Joe 90.

What a ride. The one thing other than the obvious that I will take awa fae this is aw the Scottish incidental characters in it
Ahem.
Watch a child risk life and limb at the behest of grown men. Nowadays, the register would beckon but back then fine
I digress.
Exciting stuff as our tiny dynamo tackles all sorts of shenanigans. If only the overuse of music used in Thunderbirds does make you inwardly scream why they weren't on the case for some of these
Ahem.
Was worth the wait.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th July 2023, 09:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been revisiting Psychoville.

The fun never stops at Ravenhill. but its what happens after, it's not that funny
Fantastically cruel in places, our cast find themselves pitted against an adversary from the shadows of their shared past.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th July 2023, 08:56 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Bill: Deadline. David Tennant is a creepy weirdo who kidnaps a 15 year old girl in this double-length episode. Catching the creep takes CID no time at all, but there's no trace of the girl and evidence soon emerges he may have her locked in a refrigerated van somewhere... that's also airtight. This is a cracking good episode with the mid90s-early2000s awesome CID lineup (Beech! Boulton! Deakin! Meadows).
Old 19th July 2023, 09:32 AM
Cultist

Angry brooding terrible

it's not a tv show but i saw a bit of the brood on horrorxtra channel on freeview and the sound was speed up it happens every time it's on it used to do the same thing when the legend channel was called the horror channel it still happens when they show it it's unwatchable whoever runs the channel does not seem to notice it.
Old 19th July 2023, 12:15 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've been watching Succession and finished the second season earlier this week.

It's a show I have heard is highly rated, one many people think is among the best TV series ever made, and I can understand why. It's cleverly written and superbly acted – Brian Cox is brilliant as Logan Roy, the patriarch of a powerful family-owned corporation (there are obvious similarities to the Murdoch and Trump families) and, Cox's brilliance notwithstanding, Kieron Culkin is probably the standout member of the terrific ensemble cast, playing Logan's immature and impudent middle son.

It's strange to see the words "Created by Jesse Armstrong" in the opening credits, because that's a name I associate with Smack the Pony, Peep Show, and That Mitchell and Webb Look, the TV shows he wrote with Sam Bain. The witty script is full of caustic humour with some cutting dialogue that is similar to the Armando Iannucci-created The Thick of It and Veep.

Although I've only seen two seasons, I can see why Succession is so highly rated by critics and viewers alike, and wholeheartedly recommend this to everyone who likes black comedies and high quality American drama series – this certainly compares favourably with shows like Mad Men, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, and The Wire.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 19th July 2023 at 12:26 PM.
Old 19th July 2023, 08:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching the 4th series of Wellington Paranormal.

Our law enforcing duo are back tackling more strange and silly cases. The demon approves

[B]
Old 20th July 2023, 12:54 PM
Cult Veteran

Series 5 of What We Do In the Shadows has started and the first 2 episodes are available. Very amusing, and better so far than series 4.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 25th July 2023, 11:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Started with Our Flag Means Death, starring Rhys Darby as a somewhat mannered pirate cap'n. Arrr Jim lad etc. Liking so far.
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.

[B]
Old 25th July 2023, 11:40 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Series 5 of What We Do In the Shadows has started and the first 2 episodes are available. Very amusing, and better so far than series 4.

I have watched the first 3 episodes great stuff.

Lay off the BARITOS Gizmo my good man
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 25th July 2023, 11:49 AM
Cult Master

Dipping back in to random episodes of The Mighty Boosh still cracks me up.

Howard Moon
I’ll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain. Order up some violent quiche

Like this? Share it using the links below!