Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th August 2023, 06:51 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
"If you don't remove those paintings from the front of your house, I'm going to arrest you under the Public Order Act for committing a breach of the peace."

"But officer, those paintings are essential to ward away evil spirits!"

"If I see an evil spirit, I'll arrest it. Cover those paintings by midday tomorrow."

"But, but, but the evil spirits…"

"Don't make me call a psychiatrist and have you sectioned under the Mental Health Act."

"Yes, officer."
... and as the Rozzer walks away, he is possessed by an evil spirit, takes out his penis and starts to [deleted by Mods!]

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 17th August 2023, 09:03 PM
Active Cultist

Brookside circa 1990 era. I made a mistake saying to wife that I used to like Brookside. She insists we watch every episode in order and are currently 8 years in. Storylines include Sammy Rogers drinking habits, Harry Cross grassing on his neighbours and Billy Corkhill constantly shouting.
Old 18th August 2023, 07:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I noticed it was back cough. Jimmy's descent into "drug hell" is something else harumph back to the haunted Asian giallo bikers folks

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th August 2023, 12:49 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
I noticed it was back cough. Jimmy's descent into "drug hell" is something else harumph back to the haunted Asian giallo bikers folks
I always thought that Dean Sullivan did a great job with that character.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 18th August 2023, 01:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
Brookside circa 1990 era. I made a mistake saying to wife that I used to like Brookside. She insists we watch every episode in order and are currently 8 years in. Storylines include Sammy Rogers drinking habits, Harry Cross grassing on his neighbours and Billy Corkhill constantly shouting.
I use to like Brookside in it’s day, but was good 10 yrs before I even started watching it, when Brookside first started ch4 was still relatively new(ish) and it was at least 5yrs before we got it around our area, and I didn’t watch it for a while and when I did I just dipped in and out before fully watching it, by then it had been going at least 10yrs,
I can remember there was a nightclub in Blackburn called the millennium, every now and again they would get special guest etc, one time few friends and me decided to go and the guest ended up being at least 5 of the cast from Brookside, Sinbad, Max Farnham, Mick Johnson and can’t remember the rest.
davcol likes this.
Old 22nd August 2023, 09:22 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I put a Chuck Norris film - The Cutter - in the player to watch, turned on the tv and Celebrity Masterchef was just beginning, featuring Robin of Sherwood himself, Michael Praed.

"You can deal with the Sheriff of Nottingham, but you can't deal with scallops"

So long, Chuck. Celebrity Masterchef it is. And very enjoyable it was.
Old 23rd August 2023, 10:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Watched several old Wogan/Les Dawson Blankety Blank eps on YT lately. Surprisingly they're actually really funny.
Whither a DVD release?
Old 29th August 2023, 09:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Celebrity Masterchef.

It was quite stressful watching the two teams of four celebrities having to come up with 100 meals for the workforce of the the Beamish Museum - a living museum that brings the history of the North East to life.

I'm done with cooking that was hard to watch. Takeaways and ready meals from now on for me.
Old 29th August 2023, 09:22 PM
Cult Acolyte

Babylon 5: The Road Home. Opening a new power station powered by tachyons on Minbar, John Sheridan finds himself again displaced in time and travelling through different times and alternate universes. This brand new 2023 animated B5 story is an odd one, which primarily generates the question, "Why?" I don't want to be too hard on it, as it's not actually bad, and it's fast-paced and watchable enough, but it's just a very odd fish. The animation is very good, and certainly a cut above what we're "treated" to from the BBC, though some of the likenesses are a bit off, though of course many of the actors have passed and their voice replacements vary wildly. Delenn's catches some of her gentler cadence but none of her steel, Sinclair's is very good, Garibaldi is average, but G'Kar neither sounds nor looks anything like himself, which is really weird. The best by bar is Zathras, where I thought it was him and didn't even realise the original actor had passed, so kudos to that guy. Bruce Boxleitner and Peter Jurasik recreate their characters with ease, though Claudia Christian now sounds so unlike Ivanova that you'd be forgiven for thinking that was a different voice actor too. Above all, though, I don't really understand the point. B5 was touted as a single story across five years, and it got those years and ended pretty definitively. It seems a bit late to try and do something new with it now, and a bit redundant. This new movie is, as I said, not bad but if you want a nostalgia rush you can just go watch the original show again. This just seems very pointless.
Old 29th August 2023, 09:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Thanks for that comprehensive write up, Ian.

I was interested in this but will probably save my pennies now.
iank likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!