Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th September 2023, 07:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Have been watching this Quark, a daft wee SF sitcom starring Richard Benjamin and Tim Thomerson, on and off (only one series ahem).
Benjamin is the captain of a "garbage" ship ie refuse collection, so a lot of the humour is based around that. Silly stuff. But not everything has to be Tarkovsky level ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th September 2023, 07:15 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Have been watching this Quark, a daft wee SF sitcom starring Richard Benjamin and Tim Thomerson, on and off (only one series ahem).
Benjamin is the captain of a "garbage" ship ie refuse collection, so a lot of the humour is based around that. Silly stuff. But not everything has to be Tarkovsky level ahem.
Don't diss the otter, D.
Old 14th September 2023, 08:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

If he is the roof, then this was in the cellar tee hee

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th September 2023, 09:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
If he is the roof, then this was in the cellar tee hee
The roof is the first thing to go in a storm.
Old 14th September 2023, 09:40 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

After picking up series three of Primeval months ago i decided to watch it but only after rewatching the first two series.

I really enjoyed them before and i'm loving them again. Two episodes to go now of series two.

The dinosaurs and creatures may not quite be Jurassic Park standards of CGI but they are good enough and all the characters are well written and likable. There's a nice mixture of dinosaur / creature of the week and ongoing story playing out in a multitude of locations to make it compulsive viewing for me.

Old 19th September 2023, 09:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

Watched one of the colour The Saint eps last night, one where Rog is forced into helping with a bullion heist. It was fun, lots of recognisable guest actors including TP McKenna and a very young Stephanie Beacham. I saw a cool sci-fi-ey b&w one on YT in the 2010s and picked up the DVDs, only to be rather disappointed and underwhelmed by the first few I saw. Maybe I need to go back and watch more of these!
Old 19th September 2023, 09:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Watched one of the colour The Saint eps last night, one where Rog is forced into helping with a bullion heist. It was fun, lots of recognisable guest actors including TP McKenna and a very young Stephanie Beacham. I saw a cool sci-fi-ey b&w one on YT in the 2010s and picked up the DVDs, only to be rather disappointed and underwhelmed by the first few I saw. Maybe I need to go back and watch more of these!
I have the complete Saint in Colour dvd set. I've only seen about three episodes though but one was a pretty cool one with Moore investigating the Loch Ness Monster.
Demoncrat and iank like this.
Old 19th September 2023, 10:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

That sounds like The Reluctant Monster. I've seen that one, it was great! Apparently there's another ep featuring giant ants!
I need to put this in my regular rotation.
Old 19th September 2023, 10:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
That sounds like The Reluctant Monster. I've seen that one, it was great! Apparently there's another ep featuring giant ants!
I need to put this in my regular rotation.
I'd only just begun watching it from the start and then i went Blu-ray so it was put on the back burner along with most other tv related stuff such as The Protectors, The Professionals and The Avengers.

I restarted The Avengers where i left off only the other week. Beginning with Legacy of Death. Only 14 left to go now.
Old 20th September 2023, 08:15 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Noted. Anything Nessie related is fine with me
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!