All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2021, 06:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Thriller, Season 4.

Screamer.

A young American female working in the embassy in England is attacked and raped, over the course of her recovery, she see's the man responsible and kills him. While her ordeal is over, she see's the man and doubts whether she killed the right man or not,
Starring Pamela Franklin, Donal McCann, Francis White, Jim Norton, Peter Howell.
screamer.jpg

Nurse Will Make It Better.

Charley is injured in a horse riding accident and left paralysed, her father hires a new nurse maid to care for her Bessy, soon after Charley feels she is getting better and stronger, those around feel something isn't quite right with Bessy and her medicine.
Starring Diana Dors, Ed Bishop, Linda Liles.
nurse.jpg

Night Is The Time For Killing aka Murder On The Midnight Express.

Helen is recovering from a nervous breakdown, on a train journey she sees a corpse and reports it, yet the alleged victim is seen alive and well.
Starring Judy Gleeson, Charles Grey, James Smillie.
ThrillerNightIsTheTimeForKilling2.jpg

A Killer With Two Faces.

A killer escapes a mental institution and assumes his twin brother's identity, can anyone tell them apart when females are being attacked and killed.
Sarring Ian Hendry, Donna Mills, David Lodge.
a killer.jpg

A Killer In Every Corner.

A scientist working on a mind control theory invites two students to his house to test the theory out as guinea pigs and kill at his command.
Starring Patrick Magee, Joanna Pettet, Max Wall, Petra Markham.
killer in every.jpg

Where The Action Is.

Eddie Vallance is a gambler, he is drugged and taken to a house, he is told he can wonder freely but not to the gate, he can win his freedom in a high stakes poker game, if he looses he will die.
Starring Edd BYrnes, Ingrid Pitt, James Berwick.
where.jpg

Brian Clemens must have known what the audience wanted even though Night is the time for killing is more Marple/Poirot story but done pretty well. Ian Hendry does play a good part with dual roles that had me baffled at the end and Diana Dors playing a somewhat nurse, then you have the manic Patrick Magee excelling himself as always as a doctor. There is defiantly a lot more suspense and tension put in to these that never disappoints.
Old 13th March 2021, 11:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Thriller Season 5.

If It's A man, Hang Up.

Famous model Suzy Martin living in London starts to receive calls, at first they start off menacing until things take a dark turn, with a few people in her life who is the culprit?
Starring Carol Lynley, Tom Conti, Gerald Harper.
ThrillerIfItsAManHangUp2.jpg

The Double Kill.

Hugh Briant test professionals to break into his house when all fails, he happen to come across someone, all the burglar has to do is break in and kill Hugh's wife, but what does the burglar want?
Starring, Gary Collins, Stuart Wilson, Penelope Horner, Peter Bowles.
ThrillerDoubleKill1.jpg

Terror From Within aka Won't Write Home Mom, I'm Dead.

Abby Stevens, arrives from the states to look for her fiancee Doug, she goes to a village where his last known destination is and finds her cousin who tells her that Doug was never there.
Starring Pamela Franklin, Ian Bannen, Oliver Tobias.
wont write.jpg

Fear Is Spreading aka The Crazy Kill.

Two escape prisoners at large hold a doctor and his wife hostage, while the police start searching a journalist comes to vist the couple and make a report on their poster collection.
Starring, Denholm Elliot, Clare Nielsen, Anthony Valentine.
fear is spreading.jpg

Mirror Of Deception aka Good Salary, Prospect, Free Coffin.

When a young girl answers a job vacancy add, she applies and waves good bye to her two room mates, shortly afterwards she disappears, her room mate applies for the same job and disappears, Helen decides she must find what happened to her room mates.
Starring, James Maxwell, Kim Darby, Julian Glover, Keith Barron.
mirror.jpg

Look Back In Happiness aka The Next Voice You See.

After a botched robbery Jazz musician Stan Kay looses his sight and his wife 10 years earlier, Stan is at a party and hears a familiar voice of one of the robbers and tries to find out who it is.
Starring Bradford Dillman, Catherine Schell, Geoffrey Chater, Nigel Havers.
look back.jpg

Murder Motel

A woman looking for her missing fiancee searches the last known place he was, a mysterious Motel.
Starring Robyn Milan, Ralph Bates, John Hallam.
motel.jpg

This season had it's interesting plots and many known actors in it but this was more mystery than thrilling, even one or two episodes (won't say which ones incase you haven't seen any) the plot twists didn't make any sense as did i blink and miss it or was there a scene actually missing that ties it together? I have no idea, but did keep me occupied though so silver lining there

Last edited by MrBarlow; 13th March 2021 at 11:27 PM.
Old 13th March 2021, 11:27 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Miami Vice Season 4 had to mention this episode with James Brown as the leader of a UFO abductees group Jesus H Corbett this is an absolute shockingly bad episode everything about it was pure shit. The best thing is even Don Johnson seems to agree almost laughing his way through the episode and his facial expressions tell the whole story. Still as i said before thats two from 88 episodes so far ain't bad.
Old 15th March 2021, 06:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Still open all hours is shown on gold a lot, I've tried watching it several times and think it's pretty poor in comparison to open all hours feel they've concentrated more about having lots of well known actors in it than the actual programme and script.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 15th March 2021, 07:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just finished Community series 5.
Loads of cameos this time ahem.
Have enjoyed my romp through these tbh. I know there's one more, but am taking a break since it's all I've watched this last week haha.
The GI Joe and "Meowmeowbeans" episodes highlights certainly, the former for the attention to detail and the latter as twas a funny take on one of my favourite Black Mirrors ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th March 2021, 08:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Still open all hours is shown on gold a lot, I've tried watching it several times and think it's pretty poor in comparison to open all hours feel they've concentrated more about having lots of well known actors in it than the actual programme and script.
I prefer the first two seasons of Still Open All Hours, the third wasn't great but at season four I never finished it as the writers seemed to be running out of jokes and making them up on the spot.
Old 15th March 2021, 08:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Thriller Season 6.

Sleepwalker.

Katey, a young American woman living with her father in England has dreams of a room where a old Victorian man ponders the wealth he will get and is stabbed. Soon after a young man appears at the door and says he has had the same dream.
Starring Darleen Carr, Michael Kitchen, Robert beatty.
sleepwalker.jpg

The Next Victim.

A woman confined to a wheelchair believes she may be next to die in a spate of murders.
starring Caroll Baker, Ronald Lacy. T.P. Mckenna.
the next.jpg

Nightmare For A Nightingale

A opera singer believing her husband to be dead turns up again and kills him, but somehow his body has disappeared.
Starring Susan Flannery, Keith Baxter, Stuart Damon.
ThrillerNightmareForANightingale2.jpg

Dial A Deadly Number.

A woman dials the wrong number looking for a well known psychiatrist ends up speaking to a out of work actor who poses as the doctor and is drawn into a mystery of a wealthy family.
Starring Gary Collins, Gemma Jones, Beth Morris
dial.jpg

Cry Terror aka Kill Two Birds

Two girls get caught up with a recently released con who is looking for the money he stole while avaiding others who are also after the money.
Starring Susan Hampshire, Dudley Sutton, David Daker, Bob Hoskins.
kill two.jpg

A Midsummer Nightmare.

Jody who's estranged husband works as a private detective is away, she poses as a detective to help solve a murder that happened 5 years earlier.
Starring Joanna Pettet, Brian Blessed, Freddie Jones.
midsummer.jpg

Death In Deep Water.

A former gangland enforcer, Gary moves away and decides to give up his past but when a young woman enters his life he feels compelled to do one last job.
Starring Bradford Dillman, Suzan Farmer, Ian Bannen.
death in deep water.jpg

That's the last of me commenting on this series, most of you be thinking hallelujah For some reason the episodes in this series seemed to drag on a bit or you basically know who the bad guy is and how it will end, one or two were enjoyable and was good to see Brian Blessed in a calmer role without shouting or swearing. There was a special feature on Brian Clemens discussing how he came up with the idea of the series which was interesting.
Old 15th March 2021, 10:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

A mere four episodes into The Professionals and absolutely loving it.

From the iconic theme tune courtesy of Laurie Johnson (How many classic cult themes did this guy do? He's the Morricone of tv) every episode has been so much fun, action packed to the hilt and not very PC either.

Martin Shaw and Lewis Collins seem born to play Doyle and Bodie, both cool and charismatic whilst Gordon Jackson pretty much against type excels in his role of Cowley, their boss.

Only 53 more episodes to go...Just one thing. Where's the Ford Capri? The guys seem to drive any old shit so far.

The Network dvd box set has spectacular picture quality, can only imagine what the blu looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The_Professionals_title_card.jpg (25.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 16th March 2021, 09:55 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The car turns up D, just enjoy the ride .... many many highlights ahead!!!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th March 2021, 03:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Bought the first series of Pennyworth the other day and i'm currently four episodes into it.

Really liking it. Love the fact that it's set in a slightly skewiff alternate reality sixties Britain. I'd not heard of Jack Bannon who plays the fresh from the SAS Alfred Pennyworth before but like sister show Gotham's lead Ben McKenzie he quickly grew on me even if he is at times trying to do his best Michael Caine impression.

The fact that so far it's anything but a superhero show is extremely refreshing with the young Pennyworth trying to make his way in life as a security consultant and meeting the lovely Esme, whilst the shadowy Raven Society is always in the background.

My favourite thing about the show is Paloma Faith. ****ing hell, how good is she as the deranged Bet Sykes? A barnstorming performance with her fruity language and interaction with sis Polly Walker.

Of all the superhero shows i've watched this is by far the most 'adult'. Especially in the language (Plenty of 'f*cks' and 'C**ts' each episode) and gore departments - the end of episode two saw several hangings with the recipients gutted in front of a baying crowd.

The cinematography is also excellent.

The finale of episode four was a bit of a shock / surprise ending which was great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hqy4ym90el451.jpg (92.6 KB, 4 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!