Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

radioactive_ape 29th February 2012 11:07 AM

The Exorcist is well worth picking up on blu ray. There's a huge difference in terms of picture quality. Plus you get both versions of the film, the FULL Fear of God doc, new documentaries and all the usual commentaries and stuff. It's marvellous.

Nightmare on Elm Street is also worth picking up on BR...especially at that price. I paid £25 for it at Xmas and don't regret paying that.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th February 2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 220774)
God, keep Nos away from this - he'll buy enough of them to build an Exorcist bluray house! :)

Don't worry, I'm (probably) not going to buy that one again!

I should really put all my Exorcist things together and put a photo in the Show Us Yours thread.

PaulD 29th February 2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 220842)

I should really put all my Exorcist things together and put a photo in the Show Us Yours thread.

Definitely, I'd be genuinely interested to see all the different versions you have of it. Is it just the first one you have multiple versions of, not the sequels?

I'm very much looking forward to revisiting this in HD over the next few weeks, along with watching the sequels and prequels (the prequels being the only ones I haven't seen)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th February 2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 220843)
Definitely, I'd be genuinely interested to see all the different versions you have of it. Is it just the first one you have multiple versions of, not the sequels?

I'm very much looking forward to revisiting this in HD over the next few weeks, along with watching the sequels and prequels (the prequels being the only ones I haven't seen)

I only have multiple versions of The Exorcist as I don't rank the prequels at all, but do own Exorcist 2: The Heretic and two versions of Exorcist III.

nekromantik 29th February 2012 01:47 PM

Im glad I picked up the US digibook of Exorcist!
Its a awesome version.

PaulD 29th February 2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 220846)
Im glad I picked up the US digibook of Exorcist!
Its a awesome version.

I wanted that as I love the look of digibooks. I take it the content is identical?

radioactive_ape 29th February 2012 02:08 PM

Exorcist III is an incredible film! I don't mind part II despite it being an unwatchable mess!
The prequels are pretty dire and are simply forgettable despite the huge amount of talent that went into them.

James Morton 29th February 2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 220847)
I wanted that as I love the look of digibooks. I take it the content is identical?

I bought the all region US blu ray of THE EXORCIST a long time ago and the only difference is. and why I bought this bd in the first place, is
a book which I don't think is included in the UK bd

all extras are the same

Rik 29th February 2012 03:17 PM

I think I paid about a fiver, brand new delivered for the Exorcist BD from a seller on eBay, well worth it. My sister bought me the NOES set for Xmas and that too is a great set, loads of special features

marvinnashsear 29th February 2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 220845)
I only have multiple versions of The Exorcist as I don't rank the prequels at all, but do own Exorcist 2: The Heretic and two versions of Exorcist III.

When you say 2 versions of Exorcist 3 do you mean 2 copies or two different cuts? It'd be interesting to see another cut cos I've only seen the region 1 dvd version.