All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree500Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th October 2008, 12:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
I just watched 'Anthro 2000' this morning, I think I'll listen to your advice in future cloud absolutely awful It was good for a laugh though, I'll say that much. That scene where schnaas is on a boat in a 'storm' was hilarious, there was blatantly a guy stood just off camera spraying him with a hose pipe I've seen some low budget shite in my time but this was almost too much to take.
I got wise to Schnaa's lousy film-making early on with Zombies 90' Extreme Pestilence,which I watched years ago .
Old 11th October 2008, 03:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
I got wise to Schnaa's lousy film-making early on with Zombies 90' Extreme Pestilence,which I watched years ago .
The thing is, so did I For some reason though I've subjected myself to almost all of his films at one time or another. Maybe I thought they'd get better as he made more or something, I don't know. Nikos the Impaler is about as professional as I think Schnaas' films are ever going to get (and I use the term professional very loosely). I think Demonium is the only one I've yet to watch and it's sitting (very low down) in my 'to watch' pile.

Has anyone seen 'Cutting Moments' in Poundland yet? I'm intrigued to see it, sounds interesting to say the least. The UK versions cut by 4 seconds I believe but I can live with that, especially if it's only gonna cost me a quid. The only other one I'm waiting for (aside from CM) is 'The Attendant' which also hasen't been in stock yet.
Old 11th October 2008, 04:46 PM
Cultist in Training

I picked up 'cutting moments' a few years back for a couple of quid. Of the short films on it I think only 'crack dog' (which was quite amusing) and the title piece (which I remember being a bit grim with its child abuse theme) impressed. Well worth a quid though.
Old 15th October 2008, 01:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Anybody having trouble getting the AXE 2-disc special edition ,a seller on Ebay is selling a stack for less than ?3.00 each (?1.09 + ?1.69 P & P).It was cheaper for me to use him than go back to Derby & try & pick one up !.Two copies were on sale in CEX for a tenner each usedI've been in twice & their prices are horrendous.The only bargain I got was The Resurrection Man (based on the Shankill Butchers in Ulster)for ?2.00.Who the hell can aford their prices !.
Old 15th October 2008, 10:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Yeah, CEX really take the piss with their prices. I went in last week and they were selling All the boys Love Mandy Lane for a tenner 2nd hand. I could have walked 2 minutes round the corner and picked it up brand new from HMV for 3 quid less than that, it's ridiculous. Every now and again theres the odd bargain, I picked up a couple of 23rd century DVD's from there a while back for 10p each and last week I got the Hard Gore release of Intruder for a pound but for the most part they're extortionate, considering they sell used DVD's and all.
Old 20th October 2008, 07:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Back in the falkirk branch yesterday and more new stock.Came away with the child and 666 revealed,a doc on true life satanists.

My son also picked up zombie chronicles,vampires vs zombies, aenigma and some other awful film that escapes me. He was well warned how crap zc and vvzoms were...

Also got quite a few revolver and dnc titles in the hmv halloween sale,down from £13 to a fiver.
Picked up small town folk,zombies,zombies,zombies(aka-strippers vs zombies. Feckin hilarious.) wizard of gore remake and the gravedancers.
Old 20th October 2008, 07:54 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Picked up and put down Small Town Folk and Gravedancers a few times-they any good mate?
I find sickles irresistable since seeing Children of the Corn..........

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd October 2008, 06:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Aint watched them yet reaps,although i did watch yuzna's rottweiler last night and found it ok,not half as bad as i thought it would be.Then again,im a fan of zoltan hound of dracula,and this kinda reminded me of that with the dogs "glowing" eyes.
Old 22nd October 2008, 06:54 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Still to watch Zoltan mate....think I seen it years ago.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd October 2008, 07:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Do yourself a favour,and watch it soon. Its a trash classic!

Like this? Share it using the links below!