Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th May 2008, 11:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

With the ABUK still available and edited so well then a Shameless release would be pretty pointless, imo.

You all know the film I see as a killer title and big money earner for Shameless even though the law says certain scenes must be cut (Shameless current best seller is cut) , but besides that, Bloody Moon and Fulci's House by the Cemetry are good titles with a chance of shifting a few units, especially HBTC as it crosses into the more mainstream buyers section and would be open to a wider audience.

Of course Night of the Demon,' UNCUT ' would be Shameless's killer title.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:38 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I would welcome any of fulci's zom epics in a yellow box especially an uncut HBTC....
Old 9th May 2008, 11:41 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Yes Night Of The Demon and House By The Cemetery would fly through uncut now. Sales for the former would be huge - even abroad owing to the unavailability of the movie - though I'm not sure how well Cemetery would go here. A few uncertified releases have appeared of late and these turn up in Poundland shops.

Bloody Moon would also be an excellent Shameless title. Even with the (possible) snake scene cut it would still do well.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:44 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Tartan were supposed to release it in a franco double feature...
Old 10th May 2008, 06:27 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think Mark of the Devil has a fairly good chance of passing uncut now. The BBFC were a lot stricter back in 2003. None of the violence was actually directed at her breasts which would have made things a lot worse. There were 3 cuts. The first cut (where the film lost some dialogue) the camera mainly kept its distance. The panning shot was just a several second shot, no lingering close ups. And the 3rd cut was a 2s side shot (MS). Over the years the BBFC have shown that they are not quite as strict on sexualised nudity as they used to be. See the Hollywood Strangler, Hitchhike to Hell, Hostel 2 and Flavia the Heretic for example.

Last edited by Angel; 10th May 2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10th May 2008, 03:14 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post
Would anyone buy the Naschy films? I've got a soft spot for them like many hardcore fans but I wonder at the wider appeal. I was looking at a list of them of them today now available on hi-def masters but couldn't quite see them flying off the shelves... or am I wrong?

One title I was pondering though to try and finally bring out uncut would be Mark of the Devil - any interest in that?
I would have thought Werewolf and the Yeti would shift units based on it's nasty status.

"I'm saving your soul you ungrateful bitch!"
Night of the Demon
Old 14th May 2008, 11:23 PM
Cult Rookie

What about Blood and Black Lace? Or would that be far too expensive? I know people are dying for a release of it with a livelier transfer.
Old 16th May 2008, 06:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I would buy Naschy films in a heartbeat if released by Shameless, though not the ones released in SE's by BCI Eclipse as they're definitive.
Old 17th May 2008, 12:12 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

The problem with Blood & Black Lace is materials - as in we've never come across any decent ones - it's a sad tale on that one.
Old 17th May 2008, 01:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Couple of suggestions...

Ceremonia Sangrienta - Jorge Grau's take on the Countess Bathory legend.

Night Of The Damned - Reincarnated witches from the director of Crazy Desires Of A Murderer

The Devil's Wedding Night - Out in a crappy version in the US. Shreik Show appear to have given up on releasing this one. And it's got Rosalba Neri in it

The Devil's Honey - Fulci's take on 9 1/2 Weeks et al. I imagine the Shamelesss guys would come up with a good tag line for this one!

Or how about...

The Washing Machine
Dial: Help

Two barmey but entertaining flicks from Ruggero Deodato. Even if Shameless couldn't afford to release Cannibal Holocaust, at least they could plaster From The Director Of Cannibal Holocaust! across the front sleeves in time for the remake!

Like this? Share it using the links below!