Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151522Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd August 2010, 05:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
just picked up SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT 1,2+3 for 6.80...
HA HA Right on Pedro!
I saw this release online and it made me smile...
Ill be picking up a copy soon enough as well.
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:09 AM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
The Legend of Drunken Master (Drunken Master 2) Blu-ray arrived today. Just finished watching it and Oh My God is that film just phenomenal or what? If you haven't seen it then you must.... like right now. It has some of THE most incredibly jaw dropping hand to hand fight scenes ever put to film. As for picture quality, well I'm blown away. I know I own the poor quality Hong Kong VHS release so whatever I see is going to be a drastic improvement from that but I really thought it was a great transfer. Sharp, colourful and clear but still with it's essential grain. What more could you want from a release like this. Easily a 5 out of 5 film.
Hey ant, is this reigon locked? Also Im guessing its the cut version with the different music. I have an uncut reigon 3 dvd but the picture quality is terrible would love to upgrade to blu if its any good.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
Hey ant, is this reigon locked? Also Im guessing its the cut version with the different music. I have an uncut reigon 3 dvd but the picture quality is terrible would love to upgrade to blu if its any good.
It's region free mate. Pick it up I don't have a multi region player, just my PS3. Watching the fight scenes in HD literally took my breath away. Kelly had to shake me at times to make sure I was okay

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 3rd August 2010, 02:04 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

just finished work and as i was working to the shop to get a packet of smokes, i walked passed a charity shop, in the window was War and Remembrance, the epic 20 hour WW2 mini series that sells for 85 quid for the complete on DVD and 140 quid on VHS for part 2 alone, just got it for 4.48 for the entire collection on VHS....bargain or what?
Old 3rd August 2010, 03:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Watched Logan's Run last night. I first saw it as a kid in the cinema, have watched it many times since and I still find it highly enjoyable. It's not a film with huge amounts of substance but there's something about '70's sci-fi pre-Star Wars that really grabs me, whether it's the future gone wrong or sinister sterile utopia's where life has no meaning, Plenty of model and matte work to give it a tactile feeling too.

I've still got the dvd but it's in the UK so couldn't compare the two. Nice clean print but a lot of it is soft-focus so it's not something to tout the abilities of HD with but immediately the solid red clothing and general colour stability shone out. There's a nice fine layer of grain throughout and low level detail in the few darker scenes is a big improvement. The transfer shines more when you get to the outdoor scenes, with a more vibrant feel than the bleak domed city.

It's also one of those film that has always puzzled me regarding the BBFC. It was an 'A' and I must have been only 8 or 9 when I saw it but they had no qualms about letting me see Jenny Agutter's T & A as well as the short dark orgy room scene.
Old 3rd August 2010, 03:59 PM
Cult Rookie

Recently picked up the following Blu-Rays:

Galaxy of Terror
Forbidden World
GI Joe: The Movie (animated)
Rambo Extended Cut
Batman: Under the Red Hood

Will probably be getting Escape From New York next.

The Movie, Asian Cinema, Anime, and Video Game Podcast with attitude!
Old 5th August 2010, 12:07 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just placed me pre order for The Final UK DVD

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 5th August 2010, 02:30 AM
Cult Rookie

Pirahna Blu-ray
Humanoids From the Deep Blu-ray
Commando Blu-ray
Old 6th August 2010, 12:32 PM
Active Cultist

Just nabbed a Millennium Edition 'I Spit' for £6.99
Old 6th August 2010, 12:39 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I have finally got round to picking up Cannibal Holocaust on dvd. I got the 2 disc Grindhouse Releasing edition for £13 from ebay.

Like this? Share it using the links below!