Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179953Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th March 2016, 03:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I think I liked it Dem, it's a weird film, at the time I didn't love it but in hindsight it seems so much better!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th March 2016, 03:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I think I liked it Dem, it's a weird film, at the time I didn't love it but in hindsight it seems so much better!
It's difficult to love, certainly.
However i do feel it has a lot of rewatch value. Particularly with the onscreen commentary / making of track.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 13th March 2016, 04:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I love Zombie Flesh Eaters, and i think i always will. The first time i saw it age 14, i was eating beans on toast and almost vomited when Auretta Gay get's her throat bitten out.

Films like The Beyond and House by the Cemetery, i loved earlier on in life but have since fallen out with them in recent years. Preferring the likes of Cat in the Brain, Murder Rock and Perversion Story.

I don't feel the majority of his so called fan faves stand up to much scrutiny or oft-repeated viewings. City of the Living Dead seems to grow on me more and more though. Maybe because it's so disjointed.
I'm with you on The Beyond and House by the Cemetery - I've always found them a little bit boring. Zombie Flesh Eaters and City of the Living Dead are very entertaining though and I still watch them regularly. I remember a friend and I watching 'Flesh Eaters' on video years ago and seeing the horrified expression on my friend's face during the eyeball skewering scene. He had a similar reaction to the gut vomiting scene in CotLD, which we watched shortly after ZFE. Luckily for him the head drilling had been cut out of that particular version.
Old 13th March 2016, 05:28 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It's difficult to love, certainly.
However i do feel it has a lot of rewatch value. Particularly with the onscreen commentary / making of track.
Detention is a weird one for sure. I wasn't really sure what to make of it let alone rate it when I first saw it. I've seen it a few times now and am still none the wiser, although it does have a strange draw to it that has led me back to its odd charms, so I guess you could lump me in with the 'like it' camp.
Old 13th March 2016, 06:32 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Contamination (1980)

I watched Contamination last night, I took it to CEX this morning It has come to my attention that Luigi Cozzi cannot make movies... On the upside, the trade in amount is more than what I paid for it, going to get The Martian or Straight Outta Compton with the voucher, not decided yet!
The Martian was great.
Old 13th March 2016, 06:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457897192.639207.jpg

Never seen this before, another classic Disney with great animation, songs and characters. None which are Snow White herself who I found to be very unlikable with her annoying high pitched voice and how she treats the dwarfs and the way she barged into their life's . But thankful the dwarfs ( especially grumpy ) and the wonderfully evil queen made up for Snow White . 7.5/10

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457897458.886966.jpg
A true 50s scifi Classic that has never look better than it does on Blu ray 9/10

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457897510.130991.jpg

Another great Disney classic with host a great characters and catchy songs. The Hercules legend with a slightly twist here he is not half god but in fact was a full God that had most of his powers apart from his great strength stripped by hades and the only way for Herc to get his god hood back is to become a true hero. 8/10

No watching which is my first viewing ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457897779.444280.jpg

Followed by

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457897808.645942.jpg

Last edited by trebor8273; 13th March 2016 at 06:54 PM.
Old 13th March 2016, 06:48 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Strange opinion about Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, which I think is one of the greatest Disney films and a surefire classic due to the great characters, terrific songs, groundbreaking feature length animation and wonderful mixture of light and dark scenes – the sequence in the woods is still incredibly effective. When compared to Hercules, a film I found quite weak and forgettable, it shows what a genius Walt Disney was.
keirarts likes this.
Old 13th March 2016, 06:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Strange opinion about Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, which I think is one of the greatest Disney films and a surefire classic due to the great characters, terrific songs, groundbreaking feature length animation and wonderful mixture of light and dark scenes – the sequence in the woods is still incredibly effective. When compared to Hercules, a film I found quite weak and forgettable, it shows what a genius Walt Disney was.
It is a great film but I just found Snow White herself so unlikable that I would of happily ripped her heart out and put it in a box myself. Also Hercules should of been a 8 not a 9. Everthing else about the film was fantastic and would of been a 10 if not for Snow White

Also remember I like the lost boys so my reviews should be taken with huge pinch of salt !
keirarts likes this.
Old 13th March 2016, 06:55 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
The Martian was great.
I got both as I had £27 in cex credit lol

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th March 2016, 08:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Saw Ransom last night. No, not the mid 90s one with Mel Gibson, the mid 70s one with Sean Connery. A bunch of terrorists (led by Ian McShane) hijack a plane in Scandinavia, demanding the release of a bunch of other terrorists or they'll blow 100 passengers to bits. The authorities can't capitulate quick enough, but the Scandinavian Security Chief (Sean Connery, still Scottish) has no intention of letting any of them get away... Very entertaining and solid 70s thriller. I was particularly delighted to see that one of McShane's terrorists was Christopher Ellison, aka Frank Burnside from The Bill!

Like this? Share it using the links below!