All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th March 2016, 08:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Contamination (1980)

I watched Contamination last night, I took it to CEX this morning It has come to my attention that Luigi Cozzi cannot make movies... On the upside, the trade in amount is more than what I paid for it, going to get The Martian or Straight Outta Compton with the voucher, not decided yet!
I loved Contamination.
Old 13th March 2016, 10:16 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Blood Runs Cold (2011)

Swedish snow bound slasher thriller which echoes the more stylish Cold Prey in both setting and the look of the killer.

Shot apparently on a budget of just $5000 this looks remarkably decent. The snowy locations and ambitious camera work making it appear probably more accomplished than it actually is.

With a title such as Blood Runs Cold you expect to see the red stuff and we definitely do get blood, both computer generated but mainly physical effects, in fact the gore scenes are actually quite memorable and beautifully grizzly lifting the film into the upper echelons of zero budget film making.

It's not all good though. The film takes an age to get going and the fact only four people are in this film (plus killer of course) means the bloodshed can't begin too early unfortunately. The all Swedish cast do okay though and ensure the opening forty or so minutes aren't completely mind numbing.

Blood Runs Cold is worth a look for all slasher and low budget tat fans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bloodrunscold.jpg (69.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 13th March 2016, 10:23 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
I loved Contamination.
I've watched Contamination many times, I have to confess it is dreadful however it has a weird appeal to me..

Ninja 3 the domination

As off the wall as the previous Ninja films were, this one jumps the proverbial shark then takes time out of its busy schedule of nonsense to rape the sharks family and leave photo's.
The premise was developed on the basis they needed a reason why a woman would be doing all that physical violence and action so they developed a plot where the main character is possessed by the spirit of a dying Ninja who has been gunned down by cops. I shit ye not. I've seen plenty of Japanese Ninja films and there were plenty of Japanese ninjas, yet this wrecked logic makes for great, non PC action where she gets a botched exorcism and Sho Kosugi must fight a zombified Ninja and possessed monks. While this all could have been avoided by a lack of sexism I'm glad it wasn't as the whole messed up film is possibly the most fun of all the series.

Firewalker

Taking Chuck Norris out of his normal set up of commie bashing beardy nonsense for this fun adventure. Its actually a credit to Cannon that they tried to do something different. Here they team him up with Lou Gosset for a mix up of Indiana Jones high adventure and Road to.. buddy, comedy. Its very hit and miss but is great fun. Its not as unhinged as Ninja 3, very little could be, however if you can shut your brain off its a lot of fun. The American blu-ray is region locked but 101 are releasing it.
Old 14th March 2016, 02:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
I loved Contamination.
Get out from under that chair and stand with pride then, good sir!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th March 2016, 02:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Falling Down (1993, Joel Schumacher).
When Hollywood gets it wrong, they don't do it half cocked haha. From a hack director comes the rather unrestained tale of White Supremacy adrift in multicultural America. Well, that's what I saw back in the day, and it hasn't aged at all well. Torpid drivel.

Hail Caesar! (2016, Cohen Bros)
Er, film of the year??

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th March 2016, 02:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Falling Down (1993, Joel Schumacher).
When Hollywood gets it wrong, they don't do it half cocked haha. From a hack director comes the rather unrestained tale of White Supremacy adrift in multicultural America. Well, that's what I saw back in the day, and it hasn't aged at all well. Torpid drivel.
Ha,ha...i still really rate Falling Down.

The D-crat moniker will be sticking with you now, D-crat.
Old 14th March 2016, 02:53 PM
Cult Addict

D-Crat in the hat.
Old 14th March 2016, 03:10 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Well said, Dr Seuss. Contamination was the first nastie that I owned and dare I say that it contains Goblins finest score?
Old 14th March 2016, 03:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yes, let us old folk sit down.
mr 420 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 14th March 2016, 04:12 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Well said, Dr Seuss. Contamination was the first nastie that I owned and dare I say that it contains Goblins finest score?
Goblins score was one of the things I hated the most haha!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!