All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179955Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2010, 05:25 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak View Post
"Night Watch" / "Day Watch" ...needed far more back info on the world and the lore that we were never given
You see, I liked that. Any more back info and it could easily have slipped into horrible LOTR fantasy "Mythos" territory, whereas just a tantilising hint of the past then on with the modern urban shennanigans was just my cup if tea. Films tend to spell too much out anyway, vagueness is the way forward.
Old 15th May 2010, 05:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Watched never sleep again over last 2 days!!
It is THE best horror documentary ever made end of!!
So much info on each of the nightmare films and had some cool funny moments too.
You can really tell how much effort these guys put into this doc and the effort the makers of each movie. Have to give 1428 films kudos for this as its amazing what small indie company has done and it will be very hard to beat. 10/10

Next doc im waiting for is the Hellraiser one which should be good as Clive has created a cenobite for the doc but its confirmed to be 90mins with "hours of bonus features" so wont be as in depth as Never Sleep Again.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 15th May 2010, 06:01 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
You see, I liked that. Any more back info and it could easily have slipped into horrible LOTR fantasy "Mythos" territory, whereas just a tantilising hint of the past then on with the modern urban shennanigans was just my cup if tea. Films tend to spell too much out anyway, vagueness is the way forward.
well it was more to do with the basic lore...
Like why he needed to drink blood when hunting a vampire.
What the Gloom was (you got it eventually, but that literally appeared from nowhere at all in the first film).
What the mosquitos were.
Who had what power (seems some were Seers who -on a computer?! - saw the future, like that very confusing plane crash event).
The crows.
The fact that after much talk of ONE Great Other...there were then two who must not meet or something.
The whole policing policy where it seems no one was allowed to actually hurt anyone doing something wrong.
The 'punishment' idea where you get turned into an animal for years...and yet some of them could turn into an animal on will.

Just lots and lots of little bits it seems you were meant to know about. Seems like a bad adaptation of the novels, where the makers forgot that if you have not read the books you would have no idea about things.
Old 15th May 2010, 06:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched "Let the Right One In" on FX last night. I had to admit that I had put off buying what I had heard was a great film because of the subtitles.(I usually get distracted by the video and miss the words) This was a mistake. This film is great! It is quite slow paced so subtitles are easy to follow. I would recommend to anyone who has not seen it. I will be getting the bluray
Old 15th May 2010, 07:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Watched "Let the Right One In" on FX last night. I had to admit that I had put off buying what I had heard was a great film because of the subtitles.(I usually get distracted by the video and miss the words) This was a mistake. This film is great! It is quite slow paced so subtitles are easy to follow. I would recommend to anyone who has not seen it. I will be getting the bluray
I dont understand some people, its not that hard to read subtitles
Its a masterpiece of film making and should have got Oscars.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 16th May 2010, 10:20 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I dont understand some people, its not that hard to read subtitles
Its a masterpiece of film making and should have got Oscars.
I think in the past I have tried too hard to focus on the words and felt I was missing the picture and vice versa. Now I have seen Ichi the Killer, REC, Pan's Labyrinth and Let the Right on In, and just watching the films without concentrating too hard has done the trick to the point that I don't notice the subtitles

I also agree this film is briliant

Last edited by mercury; 16th May 2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 16th May 2010, 11:47 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The Battleship Potemkin

Sheer brilliance. A masterpiece.
Old 16th May 2010, 12:41 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched The Video Dead last night.My god,what terrible acting.Could have done with a bit more gore but other than that (and the acting,which I can still smell the cheddar from),it was a pretty enjoyable way to spend and hour and a half.I didn't remember as much of it as I thought.Maybe I turned it off the 1st time I saw it.
Old 16th May 2010, 09:52 PM
Active Cultist

Recently watched:

Zombie Flesh Eaters 2
Dirty Harry
Paranormal Activity
Zombie Flesh Eaters 3
Old 17th May 2010, 10:30 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by re.form View Post
Recently watched:

Zombie Flesh Eaters 2
Dirty Harry
Paranormal Activity
Zombie Flesh Eaters 3
Oooh four great films there!

Last night I watched Oasis Of Fear again, but this time with the Fact Track. I luv the fact tracks on the Shameless releases - always informative and funny too!

Like this? Share it using the links below!