Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2010, 07:10 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via MSN to TheSpirit Send a message via Skype™ to TheSpirit

He should do keep doing comedies now. Hold on, Attack Force was a comedy yes? Hilarious in The Onion Movie much.
Old 7th March 2010, 08:41 AM
Cultist in Training

I think his next film will be good...as he is in Robert Rodriguez's Machete. Let's hope it leads to some bigger budget stufff....
Old 7th March 2010, 10:37 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I noticed yesterday HMV have an exclusive DVD release of Hard To Kill on sale now. No idea if it's uncut as there was no mention on the sleeve. I'd like to think so though!
Old 7th March 2010, 11:25 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
I noticed yesterday HMV have an exclusive DVD release of Hard To Kill on sale now. No idea if it's uncut as there was no mention on the sleeve. I'd like to think so though!
The cuts were restored in 1999 though not mentioned by the BBFC. This should be the uncut version.
Old 8th March 2010, 11:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I watched The Keeper a few weeks ago & I thought that was one of the better films he's made since Exit Wounds.He really needs to lose the flab though.
Old 18th March 2010, 03:12 PM
Cult Rookie

Have always been a fan! Though I admit there are times when it is tough admitting it lol! Oh man I still have nightmares of On Deadly Ground but in the end I gotta give'em props. Saw a BIOGRAPHY on him not long ago and actually was very impressed with his history, choices in life etc. He really seems like an interesting and likable guy really.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=26887025879 My Horror Youtube Channel (Videos coming!) http://www.youtube.com/user/MaxRDsHorrorAndGore Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7160393&ref=nf
Old 18th March 2010, 05:53 PM
Cultist

Location: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Skullsdirect/120011381348699
Default Dangerous Man

Dangerous Man seemed a bit of a step up from his usual discount bin product. Decent cinematography and some surprising violence but still burdened with a plot so overly complex and disjointed you need a map to follow the daft storyline. Not a good film by any stretch of the imagination but not the worst thing the mighty S has been part of. Bound to turn up on Channel 5 quite quickly but may be cut a bit. The beating he gives a mugger with a stripped automatic was quite nasty and gratuitous.
Old 18th March 2010, 06:02 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalm-in-the-morning View Post
The beating he gives a mugger with a stripped automatic was quite nasty and gratuitous.
That was a great moment of lunacy! Seagal not afraid to show a real nasty side. I like.
The meaty, crunchy, 'rod in the back of the neck' death was groovy too.

As a no messing action trash fest I thought it delivered.

Some wonderful dialogue too;

"I'm gonna **** you up ugly".

"Where I come from, we say death is emptiness. In that case, I've been dead for many years". Stevie wisdom!

And my favourite from he Russian guy... "Where I come from we **** Cops in the mouth when we've run out of farm animals"!
Old 23rd March 2010, 09:56 AM
Cultist

It's finally come... this Saturday coming is officially "Seagal Saturday" round my house. The day will consist of watching the Seagal Legacy Boxset (Exit Wounds, Executive Decision, Fire Down Below, Glimmer Man, Nico, Under Siege, Under Siege 2, Out For Justice) with a few mates, a LOT of booze, and a steady supply of hotdogs & ribs...

Is this a good way to first experience the movies of the big man?

Trampy And The Tramp win Curry Lover(s) of the Year award at the Scottish Curry Awards 2010

www.trampyandthetramp.blogspot.com
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:27 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It certainly is Buggenhagen,especially with those films.The good old,thin Seagal days with at least one film (Nico) where the signs of thinning hair were apparent,then BAM!,thick,flowing locks.

Like this? Share it using the links below!