Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th February 2012, 03:39 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

My Police Story 3 finally arrived but it looks like this.

Is this a counterfeit? No DVD case and no sleeve, just printed card and the disc in a wallet. Or is that just how some Chinese DVd's are?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01189.jpg (96.4 KB, 10 views)

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 9th February 2012, 03:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post

Is this a counterfeit? No DVD case and no sleeve, just printed card and the disc in a wallet. Or is that just how some Chinese DVd's are?
Same slipcase and disc as my PS3 from Zoke. Maybe they saved on postage by not including the case, but they could have at least included a cover for it.
But I also received a DVD-9 of Tiger Cage 2 once that had the case, slipcase, but no cover.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 9th February 2012, 03:52 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongfeihung62 View Post
Same slipcase and disc as my PS3 from Zoke. Maybe they saved on postage by not including the case, but they could have at least included a cover for it.
But I also received a DVD-9 of Tiger Cage 2 once that had the case, slipcase, but no cover.
It was advertised as 'New and sealed' yet my disc is really scuffed up and obviously it's just a printed piece of cardboard with it. Don't you think it's a counterfeit? It can't be an official product, surely?

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 9th February 2012, 03:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
It was advertised as 'New and sealed' yet my disc is really scuffed up and obviously it's just a printed piece of cardboard with it. Don't you think it's a counterfeit? It can't be an official product, surely?
Where did you get it from? I got mine from a seller on Ebay.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 9th February 2012, 04:03 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Where did you get it from? I got mine from a seller on Ebay.
Me too, from hoteluvenus, who did you get it from?
Was going to get it from hongkongposter who has the picture as an actual case version with slightly different front cover and I've used them before a few times and they have been very trustworthy and quick to post.
Only got it elsewhere to save like $2 or something

Jackie Chan "Police Story 3" Michelle Yeoh HK 1992 DVD | eBay

Old 9th February 2012, 04:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I got mine from Hongkongposter.
Old 9th February 2012, 04:16 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
I got mine from Hongkongposter.
Oh well, guess it is what it is then. Shame cos it's not going to look great on the shelf squashed and hidden between Police Story 2 and First Strike. It'll look all wrong

Old 9th February 2012, 04:54 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:

This is exactly what the one I ordered from YesAsia looked like when it came through. Been meaning to post about it on here, not happy with the lack of cover art on the DVD case, but I guess we'll have to put up with it until something better comes along.

What did you make of the pic quality btw Ant?
Old 9th February 2012, 07:19 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Hongkongposter had the complete package then?
Ordered from them myself a couple of times.
Some Thai dvd's are sold like that,guess some Chinese as well.

If the disc is scuffed badly maybe a refund could be in order?

Just checked and hoteluvenus is located in China (mainland) where hongkongposter is located in Hong Kong.
Still makes a difference I suppose...
Old 9th February 2012, 07:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
This is exactly what the one I ordered from YesAsia looked like when it came through. Been meaning to post about it on here, not happy with the lack of cover art on the DVD case, but I guess we'll have to put up with it until something better comes along.

What did you make of the pic quality btw Ant?
I thought it looked great to be honest but I've only ever seen it on VHS before. No worse than any other DVD I thought.

Like this? Share it using the links below!