LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th March 2012, 04:36 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
I just bought The Quest on blu-ray and apart from some truly cringe worthy cheesy acting from James Remar (shouting YEAH!!!!! every time Van Damme takes someone down) the film still holds up well.

Just need to get Death Warrant, Sudden Death and Cyborg out on Blu-ray now
I'll need to get The Quest myself. Let's hope Hard Target comes out here before the US. Really don't want the R-rated version.
Drakie79 likes this.
Old 2nd April 2012, 01:47 AM
Cultist

Finally got around to watching it and found it different to what I expected, quite brutal actually, but I enjoyed it.
Old 2nd April 2012, 02:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I watched Assassination Games, i reviewed it on my site and to be honest i thought it was crap, it was really badly shot badly acted by Adkins and i'm a fan of his, Van Damme was suffering after a mini heart attack during filming and at points didn't seem to be in the right frame of mind in some shots. It had this horrible sepia tint to the film that really annoyed the hell out of me and the plot was nothing we hadn't seen before.
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:24 PM
Cultist

Some of what you say I cannot help but agree with, it was weaker than alot of their other work, but nonetheless I found it overall entertaining and enjoyable. What it really needed much better editing and after watching either of the latter Undisputed films it needed better fight scenes!!!!
Kept expecting Black Dynamite to pop up too!!!!
Old 4th April 2012, 05:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Death Warrant announced for blu-ray release in France on June 19th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41290_large.jpg (45.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 4th April 2012, 06:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I watched In Hell the other night, and thought it was pretty good! i was expecting another Death Warrant and it wasn't that at all.
Old 9th May 2012, 07:55 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
I watched Assassination Games, i reviewed it on my site and to be honest i thought it was crap, it was really badly shot badly acted by Adkins and i'm a fan of his, Van Damme was suffering after a mini heart attack during filming and at points didn't seem to be in the right frame of mind in some shots. It had this horrible sepia tint to the film that really annoyed the hell out of me and the plot was nothing we hadn't seen before.
I disagree. I watched this and while its nowhere near close to his better films I still really enjoyed it and though Van Damme was brilliant in it. The relationship he had with his abused neighbour is what made the film for me. Without this it would have been average.

I have started a thread in Why Don't Arrow Release. section for AWOL. It would be great if people voiced their support for a release of this so Arrow consider it.
Old 9th May 2012, 08:45 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth View Post
I disagree. I watched this and while its nowhere near close to his better films I still really enjoyed it and though Van Damme was brilliant in it. The relationship he had with his abused neighbour is what made the film for me. Without this it would have been average.

I have started a thread in Why Don't Arrow Release. section for AWOL. It would be great if people voiced their support for a release of this so Arrow consider it.
they should do a whole Action thing, they already released Red Scorpion and McBain on Arrowdrome and with Wild Geese and Who Dares Wins on their way i would love to see some van Damage on Arrow.
Old 9th May 2012, 09:39 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
i would love to see some van Damage on Arrow.
Then maybe some Seagal and Mark Dacascos films. I Am Omega would be awesome.

Sorry Pedro, i'm being a sarcastic sod.
Old 10th May 2012, 07:54 AM
Cult Acolyte

Shameless Seagal Collection - the Arrow edition lol

Like this? Share it using the links below!