LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentbob View Post
I ordered from HMV too & the booklet is missing

who do we contact to get the booklet?
Sorry to hear this guys, hopefully it will be sorted out for you!

(For anyone else who gets a copy - don't panic until you un-wrap the shrink coating on the actual Blu Ray. The comic is inside the boxing but the book and poster are inside the actual casing (which is also sealed).
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
watched Joe Of The Dead this morning.What a cool,friendly guy Joe Pilato seems to be.I only have one complaint about it...50 minutes long? I could easily have listened to Joe for another 50 mins!. The first thing I did after watching it was to rush to youtube and search out the teaser trailer for From Dusk Till Dawn with Joe as Seth Gecko.How much cooler would FDTD have been with Joe? It's a shame that Joe's career never took off the way he wanted.

This was another excellent feature by Calum and Naomi and now I'm counting down the days until the release of City Of The Living Dead.Well done guys.
Thankyou!

We were hoping this would grab people's attention for 50 minutes and Arrow was nice enough to give us the time to make something of this length!

If you're doing extra features then my feeling is to make 'em as long and concise as they need to be!

It was our first real, honest-to-goodness project and we are glad we pulled it off! For what it's worth, the City of the Living Dead material is much more extravagent... And we did another 50 minute documentary for that one! (On Giovanni Lombardo Radice)

Can't wait for everyone to see it!
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:45 PM
Cultist

Mine arrived from HMV this morning and the little bluray disc sign on the side of the box has been ripped. I know it's not a massive problem but when I'm buying something brand new, I like to receive something that looks brand new. I don't know whether this is the fault of HMV or Royal Mail. There doesn't seem to be any damage to the hmv box it arrived in and there's no way I could have ripped it when opening it either. I haven't opened it to check whether the booklet is there yet as I don't know whether to complain or not to HMV. Thoughts?
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phats View Post
Mine arrived from HMV this morning and the little bluray disc sign on the side of the box has been ripped. I know it's not a massive problem but when I'm buying something brand new, I like to receive something that looks brand new.(
My heart goes out to you and i feel the same way with regards to making new purchases. Here's hoping the situation is resolved amicably and a.s.a.p.

My own copies arrived on Thursday and another beautifully packaged, must-own Arrow release. More money well spent imo and well done to all involved. All your hard work has not been in vain!
Old 3rd April 2010, 01:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phats View Post
Mine arrived from HMV this morning and the little bluray disc sign on the side of the box has been ripped. I know it's not a massive problem but when I'm buying something brand new, I like to receive something that looks brand new. I don't know whether this is the fault of HMV or Royal Mail. There doesn't seem to be any damage to the hmv box it arrived in and there's no way I could have ripped it when opening it either. I haven't opened it to check whether the booklet is there yet as I don't know whether to complain or not to HMV. Thoughts?
That's really unfortunate. Not sure what to say - but have you got an HMV local to you? Like you said, could just as easily have been a Royal Mail accident. I had a box set I ordered from abroad arrived with a massive dent in it once but otherwise I've been very lucky with mail ordering. Hope you sort this out anyway.
Old 3rd April 2010, 01:57 PM
Cultist

I've sent them an e-mail so I'll just have to wait for their reply. Last time I dealt with their customer services because my Enter the Dragon bluray didn't turn up, they sent me a reply saying that Mesrine - or Esrine as they spelt it - wasn't out yet. Mesrine was part of the same order but Enter the Dragon had been shipped about 20 days before I sent the e-mail and I even put "Enter the Dragon bluray not received" or something as the subject of the e-mail. Donuts.
Old 3rd April 2010, 02:28 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Let us know what happens Phats and if need be we'll see what we can do.

To anyone missing a booklet - looks like a few more booklet-free editions escaped and Arrow would like to apologise for that.

Please send your full name and address to: returns@arrowfilms.co.uk so they can get a replacement booklet to you. As it's Easter we can't get confirmation when the booklets will be available but as soon as I do I'll let you all know.

This has been annoying but it's endemic of how hard it is to make bumper packages because manufaturers aren't used to it - anymore than a disc and they go into meltdown!
Old 3rd April 2010, 03:50 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Tonight's viewing sorted,once I've the BR player to myself.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd April 2010, 09:29 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post

To anyone missing a booklet - looks like a few more booklet-free editions escaped and Arrow would like to apologise for that.

Please send your full name and address to: returns@arrowfilms.co.uk so they can get a replacement booklet to you. As it's Easter we can't get confirmation when the booklets will be available but as soon as I do I'll let you all know.

Hi,

Got mine today from HMV (Post),also missing the booklet.Thanks for the advice.
Old 3rd April 2010, 09:43 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Hey that's what we're here for - well one of the things!

Like this? Share it using the links below!