Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th October 2010, 01:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Showed this in my film class today cause I've decided to do an analysis on the underwater scene, so I showed that scene and everyone jumped when the corpse shows up, wonderful.
Old 4th October 2010, 07:42 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

All worthwhile!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th October 2010, 10:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
There's a smell? I'm going to go sniff some BDs to check...
Funnily enough I think there is. I also like the smell of a brand new package.
Old 5th October 2010, 02:16 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Finally got around to watching the Blu ray today, I must say it looks gorgeous, the extras are nice too. I have only one small gripe as concerning the extras, the intros on them I think are too long and could do without the cheap looking animation, that aside it's all fantastic!
Old 5th October 2010, 05:28 PM
Cult Rookie

26in Panasonic 26lmd70 LCD TV (to be upgraded asap) and a Sony S570 used for playback here. Inferno is the only Blu Ray I have that has the smearing/ghosting, although my BD collection is very small, only 5 titles so far .. 2 of which are AV/Cult Labs.
Old 5th October 2010, 06:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
Finally got around to watching the Blu ray today, I must say it looks gorgeous, the extras are nice too. I have only one small gripe as concerning the extras, the intros on them I think are too long and could do without the cheap looking animation, that aside it's all fantastic!
I don't expect the animation to be for everyone (not everybody can like the same thing after all) but Naomi spends days rendering and animating these. If you don't like them then fast-wind them but they are far from "cheap looking" - it's her style (which, again, won't be for everyone - every artist has their fans and critics), and it's kept her in work as an illustrator for years (Which she still works as when not grinding away for Arrow):

index.html

It also lets people know they're seeing one of our extra features. If we couldn't be arsed with these you'd get a blank screen and a title. The effort that goes into the title sequences, regardless of if you like them or not, shows there is work being spent on them.
Old 5th October 2010, 06:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

I haven't picked it up yet, but im seriously thinking of picking it up tomorrow
Old 5th October 2010, 06:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

I like the intros - they're original and very distinctive
Old 5th October 2010, 07:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I dig the animation, btw. It did get a bit lengthy for the one doc I watched some of, but otherwise I like it. One thing I noticed is the jumpiness of the animation movement -- it goes for a few seconds then starts going again (I figure it's due to the processing of the software used?).

Oh, and Calum, perhaps there's something that can be done about the quality of the footage of films used in the docs you produce? I've noticed a heavy drop in quality of the features' footage, just about YouTube quality. I don't know if it's intential or not, or something due to converting it to a usable format for when the docs are made, but perhaps it can be changed/improved? This is a positive criticism, too -- I like what High Rising has been doing and want to encourage more work.
Old 5th October 2010, 07:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

And i'd like to add i've never seen any Argento film in my life
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!