Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th March 2011, 12:32 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
I have read that Pete .. but I am now curious just how distracting they are, if at all.
I'd imagine very.

I don't see the problem with the lack of a 5.1 soundtrack considering they never had one originally anyway. And in my experience I've heard some DTS-HD Master Audio tracks that certainly didn't sound 5.1. That could also be the case with the French Tenebre.
Old 25th March 2011, 12:35 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djangooo View Post
I'd imagine very.

I don't see the problem with the lack of a 5.1 soundtrack considering they never had one originally anyway. And in my experience I've heard some DTS-HD Master Audio tracks that certainly didn't sound 5.1. That could also be the case with the French Tenebre.
Doesn't bother me, either.

Subtitling is very distracting if you're watching with English audio! I remember the days of only being able to see certain films on VHS with Dutch, Swedish or Greek subtitles - and even under those circumstances it was annoying.
Old 25th March 2011, 01:13 PM
Cultist in Training

I don't own any previous releases for this. I was hoing this would be a definitive release. Seems to get it all, i'll be buying more than one copy. Oh well, any word on rather or not this will include all the 'missing' pieces I keep hearing of?
Old 25th March 2011, 02:39 PM
Cultist

Quote:

I agree. It wasnt 5.1 originally so why do you want it now?..As long as the audio is clear then im happy.
Old 25th March 2011, 04:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by drees5761 View Post
I agree. It wasnt 5.1 originally so why do you want it now?..As long as the audio is clear then im happy.
I really dont get it guys! The beyond wasnt shot with 5.1 sound but it appeared on the blu.... then why!? I just dont understand why arrow arent providing this if it exists. Why was it there in 5.1 italian on deep red then? I am further baffled. And getting further frustrated with arrow. Sorry to gripe but it is a big big issue to me.
Old 25th March 2011, 04:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

So, look at Arrow's Blu releases so far .... now how many of these WERE shot in HD sound? None!!! Yes the original audio is very important, as is the overall cinematic A/V experience. The sound 5.1 DTS-HD on The Beyond is awesome, so where is it for the others?

The Beyond

English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and original English and Italian mono audio options

…..

Inferno

Optional 7.1 DTS-HD/2.0 Stereo Audio

…..

Battle Royale

5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, Stereo Audio options.

…..

Day Of The Dead

5.1 DTS HD Master Audio and 1.0 Mono audio options.

…..

Dawn Of The Dead

Optional 7.1 DTS-HD/2.0 Stereo Audio

…..

Caligula

5.0 DTS HD or 2.0 Stereo

…..

City Of The Living Dead

7.1 DTS HD 5.1 DTS HD 5.1 2.0 Stereo

…..

AND THEN THINGS BEGAN TO FALL APART FOR US ARGENTO FANS.

Deep Red

Optional Dolby 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio/Stereo Italian Audio and Mono/Stereo English Audio (NO English 5.1)

Phenomena

2.0 Stereo (Eh?!)

…..

Tenebrae

1.0 Mono (An Insult!)

Bird With Crystal Plumage

1.0 Mono (An Insult Again!)

Starting to wonder

Last edited by Sargento; 25th March 2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 25th March 2011, 05:08 PM
Cult Rookie

Personally I think the real problem with the English track on Deep Red was that it wasn't DTS-HD like the Italian one. That was what I found disappointing, not that it wasn't in 5.1
Old 25th March 2011, 05:08 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
Well, how can I put this lightly...?
Old 25th March 2011, 05:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Personally I think the real problem with the English track on Deep Red was that it wasn't DTS-HD like the Italian one. That was what I found disappointing, not that it wasn't in 5.1
I really cannot understand what is happening Djangooo mate ... I feel like I have been kicked in the face after waiting all these years for a great HD release. I imagined watching it on a big screen at home with the great sound. If I wanted standard audio, I wouldn't have bought my home cinema audio equipment. The sound really adds that extra dimension to movies. I feel like just watching upscaled DVDs of these releases now. And yes, the 5.1 mixes on them sound great.

Old 25th March 2011, 09:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Beware - Apprently French subs are forced on the english track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
I have read that Pete .. but I am now curious just how distracting they are, if at all.
I have the French release and I can confirm that the English track has forced French subtitles.

The good news is that they are very small.
I already watched the blu-ray 3 times and they didn´t bother me at all.
After a few minutes I didn´t even noticed them.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!