Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2013, 10:52 PM
Active Cultist

Whatever happens, Arrow have really kicked themselves in the head with the £5 replacement. Can't imagine what they were thinking.
Old 8th January 2013, 10:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's unreal. Complete PR disaster. The revenue lost in cancelled pre-orders and loss of direct sales (especially if they're going to attempt to ignore both distance selling regulations AND the SGA) is surely more than the cost of a replacement scheme.

Can't put a price on consumer / brand loyalty.
Daemonia and the blob like this.
Old 8th January 2013, 11:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
It's unreal. Complete PR disaster. The revenue lost in cancelled pre-orders and loss of direct sales (especially if they're going to attempt to ignore both distance selling regulations AND the SGA) is surely more than the cost of a replacement scheme.

Can't put a price on consumer / brand loyalty.
Exactly. They have 2000 copies of the next two Bava's to sell directly. Let's see how easy that is now.

Here's another potential situation I just thought of that was quite disturbing. I notice that the Ltd Ed and regular editions are still for sale on the Arrow site as of now. So for anyone who hasn't heard the furore and unwittingly buys direct from them until the replacements are ready, will Arrow really knowingly send out a faulty product and then try and charge them £5 extra later?
Daemonia, robertzombie and sawyer6 like this.
Old 8th January 2013, 11:12 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Exactly. They have 2000 copies of the next two Bava's to sell directly. Let's see how easy that is now.
I emailed today to cancel my order of the 2 LE Bava titles. Don't want to risk of just incase there's anything wrong with them. Would be especially annoying since they're more expensive too and I'm not willing to take the chance. Will leave it and order the standard ones at a cheaper price
Old 8th January 2013, 11:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Based on this debacle, then almost certainly.
Old 8th January 2013, 11:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

It seems my experience with Arrow has been cursed

First off my Arrow DVD's including Battle Royale Limited edition get thrown out in storage (though replaced by through refund) and then this debacle with the ZFE BluRay
Old 8th January 2013, 11:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
So I paid £14 for the steelbook from Amazon, £17.99 for the LE from Arrow, and now if I want the correct item that I paid for, I've got to fork out a further £15(because I have a spare steelbook won in a competiton) for the priviledge. I don't ****ing think so, as far as I'm concerned they can get ****ed, this is bang out of order!!
Hate to be exploiting an issue, but if you want, I'd be willing to buy the spare steelbook off you, no corrected disc, as long as the price isn't as inflated as everywhere else is asking.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 8th January 2013, 11:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
But if you scroll through the comments in response to their announcement on facebook you'll come across dozens of folk who couldnt care less about the six seconds and are being quite verbal on their opinion of anyone who does. There's one guy who goes on about how pathetic it is before mentioning that he's got the dvd anyway so it doesn't matter. So other berk who is happy wih everyone of arrows releases including The Beyond which he apparently couldn't be bothered to get exchanged because it was no biggy. I ask you.
And now we see why Arrow have changed to Facebook. Easier critics

Old 8th January 2013, 11:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

I read through their big fancy apology on Facebook, and thought, "Nice of them to come out and admit it". Scroll to the bottom, and see the bit about replacements, and misread it as being basically, if you don't have proof of purchase, you have to buy it. Then re read and realized to have to buy it.

Click the Arrow link. Spit my drink out. £5 is daylight robbery, especially when people have already bought the release. For me, with international postage, thats £8 or $12 AUD!! I could do a lot of things with that money, like buy other releases from other labels. I could order the upcoming Piranha blu ray. Hell, for $12, I could go out and shoot 6 seconds of a boat myself!

So, I sure as hell aren't replacing my disc, but I'm still keeping my Bava preorders for completion sake. And I really don't want them to go under because of this. Q2 sounds so very promising.

Old 9th January 2013, 06:43 AM
Active Cultist

I wonder how many copies they have sold and would therefore need to replace? Anyone have any vague ideas on numbers?

Like this? Share it using the links below!