All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th January 2013, 11:34 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteropod View Post
His blog posts are so patronising too.
look out for him referring to overseas readers as my non-UK fans and referring to himself as Pooch. (Curator of "Cinema-Extreme" Blog!)

- quite amusing that both his pretentiousness and ignorance meet head on there ... the moron doesn't quite know the meaning of curation
Old 26th January 2013, 11:42 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Non-UK fans? I didn't realise he had any fans? No-one ever posts comments on his blog, so I can only assume his legions of fans are all unable to navigate a keyboard to write a comment successfully.
sjconstable and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 27th January 2013, 10:09 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

As soon as I read "A blog of film journalism, for mature thinkers" at the top of his page I was annoyed. There's a big difference between blogging and journalism.
Old 27th January 2013, 11:05 AM
Cult Addict

Its also a bit weird how he links his own blog as evidence to back up his claims in forums.

Seriously who DOES that!?
Old 27th January 2013, 11:46 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Its also a bit weird how he links his own blog as evidence to back up his claims in forums.

Seriously who DOES that!?
Yep ... e.g. in the comments of his Amazon review ("Great film, but another mediocre Arrow Blu-Ray bodge-job!") of The House by the Cemetery (Arrow Video) Limited Edition [Blu-ray] [1981] he posted:
Quote:
PoochJD says:
@ A. Moncrieff: Yes, what you are say is right. But the fact is, I shouldn't be having to do this in the first place. This is yet another example of Arrow screwing-up - and it's not as if their track-record in cult films releases has been particularly great, is it? The simple fact is, that Arrow have screwed-up, and this is the fifth or sixth screw-up. Every recent release has had issues of one kind or another, and each time it happens, they lose more and more customers - people like me, and you. People shouldn't be having to worry that a film hasn't got the subtitles correctly appearing at the right moments in the film. People shouldn't be having to worry that their second disc of extras, may not be the right disc, and then they've got to locate an e-mail address, and await a replacement disc. Arrow is incompetent, and it needs to start addressing these issues NOW!

There's even a blog post about this issue at:
Cinema Extreme: Woohoo! Arrow Screw-Up Again!

Read that, and then tell me that Arrow's customers don't have a right to complain, and to expect better from them!
Old 27th January 2013, 12:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombi2 View Post
Yep ... e.g. in the comments of his Amazon review ("Great film, but another mediocre Arrow Blu-Ray bodge-job!") of The House by the Cemetery (Arrow Video) Limited Edition [Blu-ray] [1981] he posted:
Now that's just wierd.

When you said he refereed to his own, I thought he was saying "my blog" or "I wrote something", but he's acting as if he doesn't now who writes it

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 27th January 2013, 12:28 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Now that's just wierd.

When you said he refereed to his own, I thought he was saying "my blog" or "I wrote something", but he's acting as if he doesn't now who writes it
He's trying to pass it off as third party validation of whatever rubbish he's posted ... he did this at AVF, but then others noticed it was his own blog
Daemonia and fuzzymctiger like this.
Old 27th January 2013, 01:58 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I notice he's posted some addendums now, since he's realised Stephen isn't actually the author Stephen Thrower. Nice bit of research there, Pooch. I commend you on your acumen as a research journalist, you couldn't even figure out who you were ****ing quoting, thinking it was a well known writer, when it wasn't. Idiot.

You obviously read these posts, Pooch. Now why is it when people from here post comments on your Blog you fail to pass them for public consumption? You're a ****ing censor. Apply for a job at the BBFC, you'd get the job undoubtedly with your vast (read: small) knowledge of film and its history.

Failing that, actually engage in debate with the people who you feel the need to slag off. Or would that be too confrontational for you? I know, you're a hit-and-run artist - write some provocative crap then run away. Coward.
Rik likes this.
Old 27th January 2013, 02:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Well said Dae
Daemonia likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th January 2013, 02:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default bad dog

he really screwed the pooch
Daemonia likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!