Like Tree2501Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th April 2014, 07:15 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

l 011.jpg
Old 25th April 2014, 10:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

A collection of comic book ads from the 60s and 70s and what actually arrived for your $. Fantastic !

Old 25th April 2014, 04:10 PM
Cult Addict

Thanks for that Davey! I'll be buying that for sure, always loved the add's in the back of The Beano.
troggi likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 29th April 2014, 06:10 PM
Cult Addict

Just finished reading Fevre Dream by George R.R.Martin. Brilliant take on the vampire legend set in the deep south in the mid 1800's.
Old 30th April 2014, 08:01 AM
Seasoned Cultist

decided on rereading marabou stork nightmares
troggi likes this.
Old 30th April 2014, 08:47 AM
Cult Addict

Big One Piece re-read in aid of it's 15th anniversery. Blimey, I always did love the series but I forget just how well Oda can balance a long running story. Each major arc is followed by a number of small adventures (Alabasta followed by Maple Village, Skiepia followed by Davey Back) just so the reader can indulge in some funny antics inbetween all the grim hyper violence. Wonderful stuff!

Oh, and Robin was ****ing hateful at first, wasn't she?! How Oda managed to turn her into the wonderfuly empaphetic individual she is today I have no idea!
troggi likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 30th April 2014, 03:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Still reading my Sci Fi Encyclopedia. Tis a veritable period piece really. Finally they mention PKD (in the "Inner Space" section cough)....and they rabbit on about one of the ones I haven't read!!! Ho hum.

Next up will be the VU book I got at Xmas methinks.....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th April 2014, 08:49 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Presently reading this collection of "New Right" essays on Lovecraft, gay cowboys, music and Scott Walker as the Aryan superman! It's a mix of extreme right wing views crossed with a spiritual Traditionalist view. It's highly political and I imagine highly seductive for all those black clad elitists who see themselves as wolves against the herd as they sit in their bedrooms plotting the overthrow of the present system and the next glorious, 1000 year Reich to begin. That said, I'm quite enjoying it, the author is a fan of "Gilmore Girls" so in my book he can't be all bad. Be warned though if you do investigate it, some of the views are unpleasant and cross over into racist territory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EldritchEvola-KindleCoverB.jpg (99.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 7th May 2014, 08:18 AM
Cult Addict

Doing a lot of alternating between various anthologies at the moment.
uploadfromtaptalk1399450736402.jpg
Reading Oh Whistle And I'll Come To You My Lad last night James' s original story upon which the BBC adaptations with Michael Hordern and John Hurt respectively are based.
Old 9th May 2014, 10:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Presently reading this collection of "New Right" essays on Lovecraft, gay cowboys, music and Scott Walker as the Aryan superman! It's a mix of extreme right wing views crossed with a spiritual Traditionalist view. It's highly political and I imagine highly seductive for all those black clad elitists who see themselves as wolves against the herd as they sit in their bedrooms plotting the overthrow of the present system and the next glorious, 1000 year Reich to begin. That said, I'm quite enjoying it, the author is a fan of "Gilmore Girls" so in my book he can't be all bad. Be warned though if you do investigate it, some of the views are unpleasant and cross over into racist territory.
Just like Howard himself then
troggi likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!