All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th November 2009, 10:36 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
Anyone seen that video of James Ferman being interviewed by Ali G?
Yes, that was pure class. Especially his references to the banning of A Chocolate Orange. Brilliant!
Old 24th January 2010, 12:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

As I understand it Satan's Baby Doll was shot with XXX scenes from the outset, as opposed to the usual inserts hack job that these kinds of films were sometimes lumbered with in order to appeal to different markets.

Since you have films such as Caligula available uncut on DVD in the UK, and therefore sanctioned by the BBFC, featuring scenes of hardcore sex it seems reasonable that this film should be made available in that format also. Having said that, I think that to increase that chances of that happening the film should be submitted to the board with the Italian language track. Foreign language films are always given more leeway than their English language counterparts, due to the age old class snobbery of the BBFC. Mind you, having said all that, films such as Caligula and 9 Songs are English language speaking.

It would be good to see the full length XXX cut of the film on DVD, as per the German DVD, but in an English friendly format.
Old 24th January 2010, 12:31 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

In terms of context Satan's Baby Doll would be treated as an exploitation film by the BBFC. It's very likely that they would have problems with the hardcore version.
Old 24th January 2010, 12:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
In terms of context Satan's Baby Doll would be treated as an exploitation film by the BBFC. It's very likely that they would have problems with the hardcore version.
Especially the scene involving Shubert and the lad in the wheelchair! Naughty demon!
Old 24th January 2010, 12:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Yeah I saw the trailer and it did look like a Exploitation movie.
Caligula IMO is exploitation but as its based on "history" very loosely the BBFC treated it as "art" maybe.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 24th January 2010, 12:57 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Caligula got a get out of jail free card as it's a big production with big names and a lot of 'cultural interest' - SBD wouldn't get the same ride.
Old 24th January 2010, 01:00 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

According to the BBFC the sex in Caligula (as graphic as it may be) was justified by context. I can't see them treating Satan's Baby Doll the same way.
Old 24th January 2010, 01:02 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Caligula got a get out of jail free card as it's a big production with big names and a lot of 'cultural interest' - SBD wouldn't get the same ride.
Yeah, had SBD had Helen Mirren and Peter O'Toole in then it would be greated with friendlier arms at the BBFC. Not that the BBFC show favourtism of course!
Old 24th January 2010, 01:05 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I hate all that "in context" rubbish.The lastest in context argument from the bbfc was the justification of allowing two double earclaps in the new Sherlock Holmes movie,rated 12A.
Old 24th January 2010, 01:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
According to the BBFC the sex in Caligula (as graphic as it may be) was justified by context. I can't see them treating Satan's Baby Doll the same way.
It will be interesting to see what happens regarding Satan. The BBFC will also pass hardcore if it is felt the primary purpose was not sexual arousal, that is not to say the film doesn't contain sexually arousing material. Emmanuelle In America wouldn't stand a chance.

Like this? Share it using the links below!