Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th June 2014, 09:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Hey guys.

I've started an anti-censorship group. I've contacted friends to join and they have began to spread the word on their profiles and pages. i am looking to expand. The main function of the group is obviously to oppose censorship. The group is called The Censor-Fighting Collective (CSC)

Its not just for defending entertainment however: you can obviously meet fellow horror fans and talk about the genre if you wish.

Of course regarding the main topic the function of the group is to combine as many of us as possible in one location on the web so we can all see information on censorship. If there is another petition against the Government like with Maria Miller and her former department when they went for making the likes of Arrow and Shameless pay extra for the special features which would obviously be difficult, you can conveniently see it as well as the rest of the members. This means that ALL of these people can sign it and spread word of its existence, which would help to support it. Now as of posting this the membership is below 50 so I obviously can't do anything much with it as it is. However I've contacted friends who helped to get it started as well as horror groups on Facebook to try and boost the membership.

Seeing as all of you on here hate censorship, I thought it was worth sharing here too. If you decide to join, can you please post a link to the group on your timeline and invite other friends who love media and hate censorship. Thats another thing, this is for ALL kinds of censorship in entertainment: Music, Video Games and much more so if you like them join also.

The internet itself is a great weapon to use in our favour. Things are different now unlike with the nasties scares of the 80's and 90's. We can spread and share information and communicate directly. We should take advantage of this and use it.

Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1436...if_t=group_r2j
Demoncrat likes this.

Last edited by Gothmogxx; 6th June 2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old 6th June 2014, 09:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Oh and people like Jake West and Marc Morris are in it. And it shows Jake has looked through all the posts and liked some of them so he approves.

Last edited by Gothmogxx; 6th June 2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 6th June 2014, 10:29 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
That's what i mean't, try to get as many older nasties and nastier film's through while you can. Anthropophagus is surely up soon.
I hope not. I know it has it's fans but i find it slightly dull. When i say slightly i of course mean very.
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 6th June 2014, 10:32 PM
Cult Addict

Still bout time it was released over here properly.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 9th June 2014, 12:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Would prefer a decent release of Absurd personally.....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th June 2014, 05:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I have been dying for this moment for a very long time: Graham Bright has finally just tried to justify why he said Video Nasties are a danger to dogs! And guess what? He spoke a load of rubbish!
Here was what he had to say-
"That was a load of rubbish. I didn't say they had an affect on dogs. I was just saying they were researching it.
WRONG!
Here is the original quote-
"I believe that uh, research is taking place and IT WILL SHOW that these films not only affect young people BUT I BELIEVE they affect dogs as well. Goes far too far."
Okay the first part is correct. At least he is referring to it as it actually is: a load of rubbish However as for "I didn't say they had an affect on dogs", um did you forget the whole thing with the research THAT WILL SHOW (hypocritical superiority complex here as he is assuming what research will show before its complete!) that it will AFFECT DOGS WHICH I BELIEVE."
Oh and he is still prideful over the act. Really? What an ignorant old git, how the hell does he not feel any guilt over what he caused?
VIDEO: Sir Graham Bright, police commissioner for Cambridgeshire, features in film featuring 1980s footage where he claimed horror and sex movies were damaging to 'dogs' | Cambridge News | Latest News Headlines From Cambridge City & Cambridgeshire |
Old 12th June 2014, 04:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Only allowed an 18 release after cuts. Axelle Carolyn

( If you are against censorship, join my group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1436811173225463/ )

Last edited by Gothmogxx; 12th June 2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: (If you are against censorship, join my group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1436811173225463/
Old 12th June 2014, 09:04 PM
Cult Master

Is this irony?

According to the BBFC, the upcoming anti-censorship DVD "Video Nasties: the Definitive Guide 2: Draconian Days" has been edited due to '...Compulsory cuts were required to remove sight of real animal cruelty (a live animal being cut open with a knife, during a trailer for 'Last Cannibal World'). Cut required in accordance with BBFC Guidelines and policy."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th June 2014, 09:16 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Is this irony?

According to the BBFC, the upcoming anti-censorship DVD "Video Nasties: the Definitive Guide 2: Draconian Days" has been edited due to '...Compulsory cuts were required to remove sight of real animal cruelty (a live animal being cut open with a knife, during a trailer for 'Last Cannibal World'). Cut required in accordance with BBFC Guidelines and policy."
It's a completely unnecessary scene, which Ruggero Deodato didn't even shoot (the producer did), but the BBFC's hands were tied by the Cinematograph (Animals) Act. Even so, the crocodile died a long time ago and the cut won't undo its suffering or death.
Old 12th June 2014, 10:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Is this irony?

Not so much irony as a WTF moment, I'm pretty sure that scene was passed uncut for the Hardgore release few years back, it was the sexual violence that received the chop(because Me Me Lay appeared to like it as it went on) not the cruelty (might be wrong tho) I remember thinking it odd because Deep River Savages got all similar cruelty removed.

Like this? Share it using the links below!