Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree966Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th September 2017, 04:36 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

11305378-4224397975712900.jpg

The best way to kick off your VR journey for me is with VR Worlds it's a sort of demo disc but it's a great experience and the perfect way to see what the headset is capable of and its a more relaxed way than other games i have played to get you started. VR Worlds has five different games and you should be able to pick it up for 20 queen heads at this stage.

London Heist

By far my favourite game in this collection. London Heist puts you in the shoes of a villain involved in a heist to steal a diamond from the Russian. We kick off with you tied to a chair in a garage with a giant cockney gangster screaming at you wanting to know where the diamond is so we can assume right off the bat that the heist went wrong. The following levels are going back over what happened and the cut scene at the end of each level takes us back to the present with the gang you are working with trying to unravel the true events of the previous day.

This is where the PS Move controllers come into action one for the gun the other for picking up clips to reload your gun giving you the full feeling of total emersion. The graphics in London Heist are fantastic it really feels like you are in the garage fearing for your life or when you are speeding down the motorway shooting out the windows taking out the Russians in cars Jeeps and on motorcycles. The guns feel real like they have proper weight to them and the firing of the guns is so satisfying.

London Heist is an amazing experience unfortunately it's a short game but what's there is top notch and shows that VR can only get better if this is how it looks and feels so early in the technology.

Motion Sickness
The big thing with VR is motion sickness and with this game there is none of that because while things are moving and your head and arms move you are always sitting in game so motion sickness is none existent.

I would give London Heist an 8/10 if it was longer it would be a solid 9/10

londonheist2-e1458086371919.jpg LondonHeist_Getaway_PSVR02_1436198682.jpg maxresdefault.jpg maxresdefault (1).jpg
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 14th September 2017, 04:51 PM
Cult Master

Scavengers Odyssey

In Scavengers Odyssey we play an alien in a short of mech suit jumping around strange worlds in space fighting against other alien lifeforms.

I gotta admit i have no spend anytime on this one since i played it at my mates a few months back because this was my first experience of motion sickness when i tested it out back then i found it very hard to play with all the jumping around now at the time i already had a pain in my head so i will have to try it out again in a more comfortable setting but the gameplay is so smooth and the graphics again look great. When you look down you can see your alien body and like all games its a 360 view which is totally immersive and totally gives you the feel you are actually there.

score N/A

28564317784_2ec2bb8fe2_z.jpg maxresdefault.jpg scuttlerambush.jpg
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 14th September 2017, 05:03 PM
Cult Master

Ocean Descent

Its time to take this thing under the sea. Here we are put in a shark cage and lowered beneath the sea for a beautiful and suspenseful journey. The game is split into three parts the first part we have a close encounter with a great white shark and the other two are a more relax experience just showcases the beauty of a coral reef and the beautiful life it supports.

The word beautiful is the best way to sum up this game up the colours of the coral the plants and the various fish is breathtaking from the great white to the Rays the Turtles or the glowing jellyfish lighting your way when you hit the dark caves all look so real and you do feel like you can reach out and touch them.

Sadly very short but so very sweet.

8/10

david-skilton-davidskilton-vfx-vrworlds-oceandescent-02.jpg into-the-deep-3840x2160-vr-ps-vr-ps4-9791.jpg PSVR-ocean-descent.jpg
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 14th September 2017, 07:06 PM
Cult Master

VR Luge

This is how you feel playing this game holy shit you can feel every turn and every bump in the road in the pit of your stomach it's a really crazy sensation looking down at your VR body with traffic flying towards you. Hard to explain much more about this you just gotta experience it it's just a pure thrill ride start to finish.

7/10 great fun but limited appeal each level is really the exact same just different times of the day.
maxresdefault.jpg maxresdefault (1).jpg vr-luge.jpg VRWorlds-Luge.jpg
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 14th September 2017, 07:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Both Doom and Wolfenstein 2 are coming to the switch. Interested how they will look and perform on the switch
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 14th September 2017, 07:29 PM
Cult Master

Danger Ball

This is a sort of tennis played by moving your head to hit the ball back at you opponent the first to 5 wins each game and moves on to the next round. Each time you play the opponents style of play and special moves changes keeping it fresh. Visually its another beauty making me feel like i am TRON.

The idea is simple yet addictive and the visuals are stunning Danger Ball is awesome

8/10

04-2.jpg DANGERBALL_-_bounce_copy.0.jpg david-skilton-davidskilton-vfx-vrworlds-dangerball-32.jpg
Old 14th September 2017, 07:34 PM
Cult Master

Danger Ball

Ocean Decent

London Heist

VR Luge

Scavengers Odyssey

Old 14th September 2017, 07:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rumours of a dark souls trilogy coming to the switch as well as red dead redemption!
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 14th September 2017, 07:59 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Rumours of a dark souls trilogy coming to the switch as well as red dead redemption!
So you can break your switch controller as well as PlayStation and xbox

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 23rd September 2017, 08:49 PM
Cult Master

21766747_10155627997880097_4545810686152895789_n.jpg

Rockstar you dirty little tease why must you play with our emotions like this.
bleakshaun likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!