Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree966Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st September 2020, 01:55 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Microsoft just bought Bethesda so looks like Fallout and The Elder Scrolls and so on could be exclusives now thats a major blow to Sony.
Old 21st September 2020, 02:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Microsoft just bought Bethesda so looks like Fallout and The Elder Scrolls and so on could be exclusives now thats a major blow to Sony.
After fallout 76 mess and the lacklustre fallout 4 and then endless releases of Skyrim I'm not that bothered , Witcher 3 was far superior to what they have released of late ( fallout, elder scrolls wise). For me projekt red is where it is now. Bethesda have just become extremely arrogant , hell they are still using a 10 year plus game engine for games, which I don't think is going to change.

I'm more worried about Doom than fallout eff but as they only publish these , doom might be safe?

Seen this before with Microsoft buying developers , they soon turn into a pale shadow of there former selves , hope I'm wrong as Microsoft need games that aren't Forza , halo and Gears to compete
Old 21st September 2020, 02:32 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
After fallout 76 mess and the lacklustre fallout 4 and then endless releases of Skyrim I'm not that bothered , Witcher 3 was far superior to what they have released of late ( fallout, elder scrolls wise). For me projekt red is where it is now. Bethesda have just become extremely arrogant , hell they are still using a 10 year plus game engine for games, which I don't think is going to change.
Zenimax own Dishonoured Doom Wolfenstein so there are plenty of games outside of Bethesda that are great but looks like they will only appear on xbox now
Old 21st September 2020, 02:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Zenimax own Dishonoured Doom Wolfenstein so there are plenty of games outside of Bethesda that are great but looks like they will only appear on xbox now
At the end of the day it's good for Microsoft as most people I know have no interest in new console but this will get some sales.

But saying that if you have a decent pc you won't need a Xbox as all exclusives will come to PC as well via game pass

Mind have you seen the price of next gen games nearly £70 for new Spiderman and dark souls remake!!

He interesting to see if digital games have a increase as well or will stay the same, if digital stays the same it is now sorely tempted to go for the digital ps5
Old 21st September 2020, 02:48 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
At the end of the day it's good for Microsoft as most people I know have no interest in new console but this will get some sales.

But saying that if you have a decent pc you won't need a Xbox as all exclusives will come to PC as well via game pass

Mind have you seen the price of next gen games nearly £70 for new Spiderman and dark souls remake!!

He interesting to see if digital games have a increase as well or will stay the same, if digital stays the same it is now sorely tempted to go for the digital ps5
Not many games id be willing to pay 70 bucks for.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 21st September 2020, 04:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Not many games id be willing to pay 70 bucks for.
I’m not even keen paying £50 for, Id rather wait for half a year until it’s half price or less, there no game I’m in a rush for .
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 21st September 2020, 06:03 PM
Cult Veteran

I generally only play RPGs so the price of a game doesn't always put me off. I'll happily pay £15 for a film that I might only watch once. So a game that can keep me invested for 60+ hours is worth £50/60. I might feel different if I was into Platformers, for example Luigi's Mansion 3 had an average play time of 7-8 hrs and that cost £40. It looks amazing and is a fun game but its lifespan is relatively short.

It's not even a huge leap in price because PS4 games have been creeping up from sub-£40 to being £45-49 on release day.
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 21st September 2020, 07:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I generally only play RPGs so the price of a game doesn't always put me off. I'll happily pay £15 for a film that I might only watch once. So a game that can keep me invested for 60+ hours is worth £50/60. I might feel different if I was into Platformers, for example Luigi's Mansion 3 had an average play time of 7-8 hrs and that cost £40. It looks amazing and is a fun game but its lifespan is relatively short.

It's not even a huge leap in price because PS4 games have been creeping up from sub-£40 to being £45-49 on release day.
Still just feels like greed for me granted games are more expensive to make now but most company's still make a tonne of money at the current price . Gaming is still one of the most profitable industry pretty sure it's make more profit than the film and music industry
Justin101 likes this.
Old 21st September 2020, 07:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Still just feels like greed for me granted games are more expensive to make now but most company's still make a tonne of money at the current price . Gaming is still one of the most profitable industry pretty sure it's make more profit than the film and music industry
Ive noticed prices of games are creeping up, odd game here and there is now £70 plus, red dead and games like gta 5 make their money back on pre- orders, and not satisfied with the prices they now charge to have add ons etc. Of course it’s all about the money.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 23rd September 2020, 10:40 AM
Cult Master

Managed to pre order Xbox series X from Currys €5 ti hold it not too bad. I would of preferred the PS5 but this will fill the gap until PS5 becomes more available.
Justin101 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!