Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th September 2010, 04:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I still play F1 Champ Ed (PS3) and was early awaiting Codies F1 game as the Neon / EGO engine has provided me with months of racing fun with DIRT 1 & 2, and GRID , but the lack of a Demo is always a bad sign , especially as CM provided Demo's for the above 3 games well in advance of the actual full game release so i've decided to wait and get a few actual Gamers thoughts on the game over at the CM forums .
To be honest I dreaded CM getting the F1 licence as I expected them to give us handeling similar to the open wheelers in GRID that grip the road in a very unrealistic manner.
I love sim racers like GT, Forza, Nascar , Race Pro and Supercar Challenge.

Gran Turismo is a great game Mahoney , even the PSP version is special .
GT5 will feature NASCAR for the first time (EA lost the licence) as well as cars from the world of RALLY, GT, DTM, V8 Supercar, Le Manns Series and of course every make of road car under the sun from the humble Volkswaggon Beetle to the hottest street legal Ferrari , all available in any colour that manufacturer makes them in, all you need is the $ to buy them and earn the correct licence to drive them via the games famous driving school.
Real life tracks / venues mix with great designed fictious road , Off Road and Circuit tracks including the Top Gear test track , to provide the best driving experience on Console. I say 'driving' as in past GT games including GT5 Prolouge the A.I. did'nt so much race you , but took the optium 'line' round each course. Still quite a challenge , and dynamic style racing is being touted for this years outing.......Nov. 2011 (PS3)
You sure know your driving games vipco, you seem very knowledgable on them, to say the least. Yeah, this GT5 sounds really good to me, you gave me a good idea of it. Like I said before, If its out on xbox too, then I'll probably get a copy eventually.
I had a few games on FORZA 2 recently, and I hadn't played it for many months. It was like I had never played it before, could hardly control the car or anything! That game shows no mercy. The two LANCIA cars are some of my favourites on that game. It's a tough game FORZA 2. Still haven't reached level 40 yet, it's slow going building up those experience points. Almost reached that mind. Project Gotham racing 4 is good fun too, cos you can ride motorbikes as well as drive cars. Nice graphics, a lot of detail and effort put into it. I recommend playing your own music while playing this though, as the in-game tracks are a bit naff, to be honest...
Hey, do you really own all those different editions of ISOYG? Thats an impressive collection of just one movie. Anyway, good to hear from you again....
Old 26th September 2010, 05:42 PM
Cultist in Training

Unfortunatly you will be very unlikely to see Gran Tourismo on anything other than the Play Station as Sony has the controlling release rights to the game, I am starting to think that most PS users will be lucky to see it as well, as it has been delayed time and again for the past 5 years. They say it is now to be released on 3rd Nov but I will only believe it when I see it!!!

But all that said I am still happily playing GT4 as when the fancy takes me.

If in space no one can hear you scream...why do you always hear a spaceship go past???
Old 26th September 2010, 06:59 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Thank you Mahoney, very kind of you .

GT5 is PS3 only im afraid mate as its made by Polyphony digital, a Sony owned company.
GT5 has seen many delays due to many reasons but individual vechile manufacturer's licensing , especially one company, and the NASCAR deal took up alot of the delay. (EA tried to hold on to NASCAR rights) but the last delay was to make the game steroscopic 3D compatible .
The game was presented in 99% finished form and played in full steroscopic 3D by invited guests last month and it blew them away. i'd say it will be out November , before the 26th as im sure Sony dont want to go head to head with the best NFS
game since the 3DO original .

Yeah mate I do. (ISOYG)....lol. I got the UK Sp Ed as a (unwanted) birthday present , a copy was included in AB's Box of the Banned, I bought the US Elite uncut dvd and 101 BluRay myself and the Dutch vhs is from the 90's tape trading days.
I have a very OCDish way of storing my films and sometimes I need 3 copies. ie ZFE falls in my Fulci collection, my Nasties collection and my Zombie collection. = 3.
If you think thats bad you should see my FEROX collection. LOL.

Forza 3's good Mahoney. It comes on 2 discs and you install one disc to the HD and play of the other. Great game, though they ported over some content, from Forza 2 and polished it up , but theres enough original features and DLC to make Forza 3 a game in itself. A truly gorgous looking Racer , handles perfectly, but compared side by side to NFS Shift it looks very slow as the dev's never used motion blur, but dont let that put you off as its an awesome game and the closest you'll get to Gran Turismo on X360.

Last edited by vipco; 26th September 2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 27th September 2010, 04:48 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I had a feeling that game was PS3 only. Thanks for putting me straight, on that one mate. I guess it's only fair that PS3 has some "PS3 only" exclusive titles too. But then again, you guy's eventually had GTA: EPISODES FROM LIBERTY CITY, with MASS EFFECT 2 , also coming to PS3 in March 2011. Plus, now that BUNGIE have retired from making HALO games, there might be a good chance that any future HALO games, could come to PS3 too. Aren't you the lucky ones? But I don't know this for sure, but I've heard mention of this somewhere along the way...
Can't think of anything else to add to this, so will leave it there for now...
I think a new "RANT" about HALO: REACH online, is due shortly. Think I'll have a game on that in a minute. They're going to be wearing their balls as earrings shortly, Trust me... The scoped weapon matches can be so frustrating at times though. How do they aim at your head so quickly? Especially, while under pressure too...Bye 4 now.
Old 27th September 2010, 04:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Theres some cracking new Racers on the way Mercury besides NFS Hot Pursuit and GT5 , including Motorstorm Apocalyspe, Test Drive Unlimited 2 Ibiza, Blood Drive, WRC, DIRT 3, Moto X, Twisted Metal , BLUR 2 (blur 1 was excellent) Split Second 2 , to name a few off the top of my head, theres also another NFS Shift planned as well as a slew of vechile based games , DRIVER springs to mind , though there are more .
There are some good racers you mentioned vipco; but after a 4 year wait, I'm expecting GT to be jam packed with enough racing challenges to keep me going for some time. So apart form NFS I don't expect to get anymore racing games this year(unless they are crap). Plus I only get new games when I complete one that I bought or stop playing it. this is why I havn't had many racing games recently as I have been playing games such as Darksiders, Uncharted 2 etc I now complete alot mre games than I used to as I am more focused.

Anyway back on topic I have played F1 for 3 days and I am done. I find no enjoyment. I will trade in at HMV who actually give good prices compared to the game shops. But don't let me stop you from getting this game, as you are much more of a racer than I am now and you may like it.
Old 27th September 2010, 08:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist

True. I haven't got my money's worth out of the driving games I've already got, at the moment. I don't buy games like this too often either. I didn't complete FORZA 2, so I'm not going to buy FORZA 3 until I do. It would be a waste of money for me otherwise. If anyone buys a copy of GT5, I'd like to hear about it on the forum sometime. Find out what you all think of it etc...
Would love to read your thoughts on DEAD RISING 2 on here somewhere too. I played the downloadable intro to it, but I haven't played the proper game yet. It seems like a really fun game to me. Lots of weapons to discover in this game, and many of them can be customised/ upgraded. "WORK SHED".
Old 28th September 2010, 09:16 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Yeah guys, get those Dead Rising 2 impressions posted, or better still write a review.
Old 28th September 2010, 11:46 AM
Cultist

Dead Rising 2 is great fun. The graphics aren't great and there isn't a great deal of story but if you've ever played the first one, you'll know not to expect that as it's just all about slicing up zombies. Some of the psychopaths are incredibly hard to beat - i.e. chef Antoine - but that just makes it even more enjoyable, trying out different weapons to take the guy down, whilst clambering back through zombies to try and restore your health. An amazingly vast range of weapons and combined weapons and playing on co-op is hilarious, especially when you're making your way over to your mate on a little girls bike, slowly taking down zombies. I spent about 4 hours straight last night beating psychopaths, helping survivors and killing hundreds of zombies in the process. The Terror Is Reality mode is a great touch where you play 3 out of a possible 8 or 9 modes against 3 other people, then go onto the legendary Slicecycles, where you ride a bike, with chainsaws attached to either side, through an arena filled with zombies.

100th Post!
Old 28th September 2010, 09:44 PM
Cultist

dead rising 2!
Old 30th September 2010, 09:14 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

After almost a week of playing Dead rising 2 I can safely say that this is one of the enjoyable games I've ever played. As said before it's not the most polished game in the world but it's so much fun. I'll be playing this long after I complete it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!