Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd November 2011 07:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Picked up these today.......

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd November 2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 199570)
I picked up the latest THE DEAD ZONE release today to see if it's a direct copy of the old Sanctuary disc I have,or to see if it really IS anamorphic this time round.
I wish to feck someone would release this on Blu Ray.:pray:

Just the man! Certificates on the cover? UK and Irish 18's? I only ask because all the websites show dual 18 certs on the cover....even though it was classified by the BBFC recently as a 15. The company better not have "accidentally" put an 18 on it so they didn't have to spend money producing separate covers for the UK and Ireland.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd November 2011 08:02 PM

Good news mate-only the UK 15.

And at £4.99 it's well worth a punt.(HMV)

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd November 2011 08:08 PM

I thought it might. And featuring that classic artwork, a purchase is in order!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd November 2011 08:09 PM

I've still got the Sanctuary disc,as it contains an excellent booklet.:nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd November 2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 199589)
I thought it might. And featuring that classic artwork, a purchase is in order!

I had that Thorn Emi poster many moons ago!:cool:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd November 2011 08:18 PM

The World at War is supposed to be a great series, but I received a review disc of the Blu-ray set and they've inexplicably buggered up the aspect ratio, so the 1.33:1 picture has been stretched to a 1.78:1 frame, meaning that you lose the top and bottom of the frame.

Shame, because it looks to be a great series.

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd November 2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 199569)
Nice mate-I've got the other cover hardbox.

An often forgotten and underatted anthology IMO.:nod:

Loved the artwork on my hardbox since I first saw it in the back on Fangoria many moons ago and took me about 20 seconds to order the dvd as soon as I saw the cover. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 199585)
Good news mate-only the UK 15.

And at £4.99 it's well worth a punt.(HMV)

Since I cba to go to HMV, ordered it from the site for £3.99 :)

Phurious 23rd November 2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 199361)
Another great haul Phil, let us know how The Last Horror, ahem Film goes when you get 'round to seeing it... Legend of the Overfiend - I gotta see this one. I'm not a big anime guy, really cos I just don't know much about the scene but a Studio Ghibli saved the day last week when I was roped into a spot of babysitting, and the kids were parked in front of Spirited Away and not a word was heard for two hours...

I was hoping to watch The Last Horror Film this w/end, but I think my wife's planning on us going out, so it may have to wait until next week now.

I haven't watched Urotsukudoji since I was about 14, or whenever it was released on VHS in the UK, all I remember is demonic penises!
I don't know much about anime myself really, just the obvious stuff, but they're all worth a punt and Ghibli is really quite extraordinary although there's one or two that I still haven't seen.

Pete 23rd November 2011 09:11 PM

Isn't the UK edition of 'OVERFIEND' heavily cut?