Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th February 2022 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 667533)
Not seen either of them, filling up my itinerary for my week off next week :D

I think you'll like Gormenghast. It's the quintessential Gothic story. I don't have the dvd but used to have it on vhs. :lol:

Susan Foreman 26th February 2022 06:07 AM

Gormenghast - the only book I have ever read where I needed a dictionary to help me understand what was going on!

Justin101 26th February 2022 07:26 AM

I've always wanted to read it but never got around to it, it was probably too heavy for me when I was in my teens and chose the David Eddings books over it in the book shop. If I enjoy the mini-series i'll reconsider picking it up :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th February 2022 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 667550)
I've always wanted to read it but never got around to it, it was probably too heavy for me when I was in my teens and chose the David Eddings books over it in the book shop. If I enjoy the mini-series i'll reconsider picking it up :)

I'd stick with Garrion and co.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th February 2022 03:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
New arrivals.

SymbioticFunction 27th February 2022 12:34 AM

Arrow's Phenomena 4K UHD set arrived on Friday. Will watch on Monday afternoon as that is the next shared day off for my wife and I. It's actually one of my least favourite Argento 'golden age' films but I'm still excited to revisit it, looking the absolute best it can. :) btw The least favourite description doesn't mean that I actively dislike it, it's just that most of the other films from that era are much better imo.

MrBarlow 2nd March 2022 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked this up today.

Attachment 239286

Dave Boy 2nd March 2022 02:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
From CEX. £10 for three seasons.

Attachment 239289 Attachment 239290 Attachment 239291

A lot of people forget that these first seasons at least, tied in to the MCU movies. Phil Caulson's return, Lady Sif, Hydra and events running along side Captain America Winter Soldier. I lost track of the series after these seasons.
The episodes with Victoria Hand and Hydra I thought were great and there are the Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird) episodes.
So, even if I don't get anymore after these seasons, I have the episodes I really want. Nice.

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd March 2022 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 667670)
From CEX. £10 for three seasons.

Attachment 239289 Attachment 239290 Attachment 239291

A lot of people forget that these first seasons at least, tied in to the MCU movies. Phil Caulson's return, Lady Sif, Hydra and events running along side Captain America Winter Soldier. I lost track of the series after these seasons.
The episodes with Victoria Hand and Hydra I thought were great and there are the Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird) episodes.
So, even if I don't get anymore after these seasons, I have the episodes I really want. Nice.

I have all the seasons on dvd...well all the ones that are actually available. The final two never got a dvd release for some stupid reason. It doesn't really matter as season five wraps things up nicely anyway.

Oh and it's nice to see seasons of 24 episodes rather than the six, eight or ten we get nowadays.

Justin101 2nd March 2022 03:40 PM

Finally joining the collection!

https://i.ibb.co/hVYPGms/F3-A0-C2-CB...F06-F51-C1.jpg

Dave Boy 2nd March 2022 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 667673)
I have all the seasons on dvd...well all the ones that are actually available. The final two never got a dvd release for some stupid reason. It doesn't really matter as season five wraps things up nicely anyway.

Oh and it's nice to see seasons of 24 episodes rather than the six, eight or ten we get nowadays.

Yeah, I hate it when they don't complete collections. (Netflix Marvel, I'm looking at you)!
I may go to the Season 5 with Agents Of Shield at some point when I finish these. I seem to remember Ghost Rider being in some, but at that point I'd lost the plot.

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd March 2022 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 667676)
Yeah, I hate it when they don't complete collections. (Netflix Marvel, I'm looking at you)!
I may go to the Season 5 with Agents Of Shield at some point when I finish these. I seem to remember Ghost Rider being in some, but at that point I'd lost the plot.

Yes, that's right. The Ghost Rider episodes are good. At first the episodes in space (series 5 1-12) put me off but i got used to it and ended up enjoying the final two series. It got better when they left space mid way through series 5.

Demoncrat 2nd March 2022 04:40 PM

A Prophet

Omega Cop

Both UK dvds. £1.50.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd March 2022 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 667682)
A Prophet

A great film, though not an easy one to relax and enjoy.

Demoncrat 2nd March 2022 05:36 PM

Sounds like fun from the back cover blurb :lol:

OC is a Ron Marchini flick, know the name, know what's a-comin' :lol:

g053584398 2nd March 2022 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 667675)

That is a very good release indeed.

g053584398 2nd March 2022 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 667684)
A great film, though not an easy one to relax and enjoy.

It is a superb crime film. I loved it so much when I watched it on DVD that I upgraded to Blu-ray when I spotted a cheap copy.

iank 3rd March 2022 02:40 AM

Arrived:

https://images.static-bluray.com/mov...772_medium.jpg

Demoncrat 3rd March 2022 04:36 PM

A few more ... all UK dvds *.

*Kill Bill Vol 2 - a Malaysian release

Snatch (2 disc)
The Wire (2, 3)
13 Assassins (Miike)
Dog Soldiers
Shooting The Past

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd March 2022 09:52 PM

Anyone got the Shameless Blu of Torso?

What's the reverse artwork like because the front art is f*cking horrendous?

iank 4th March 2022 12:32 AM

Arrived:

https://images.static-bluray.com/mov...785_medium.jpg https://images.static-bluray.com/mov...415_medium.jpg

Demoncrat 4th March 2022 04:41 PM

Few more ... all UK dvds.

Killjoy 2
The Wind In The Willows (Bennett, Mayall etc)
Decoys
Dianetics (Scientology primer :pound:)

£2.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th March 2022 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 667774)
Few more ... all UK dvds.

Killjoy 2
The Wind In The Willows (Bennett, Mayall etc)
Decoys
Dianetics (Scientology primer :pound:)

£2.

Decoys is fun... or rather Decoys 2 is. Never actually seen Decoys. :lol:

Justin101 4th March 2022 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 667727)
Anyone got the Shameless Blu of Torso?

What's the reverse artwork like because the front art is f*cking horrendous?

It's this one;

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...ma4pg&usqp=CAU

I must be the only person who likes the other artwork :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th March 2022 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 667781)
It's this one;

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...ma4pg&usqp=CAU

Is it a nice looking image, the Blu-ray picture not the artwork? :lol:

Thanks by the way.

Demoncrat 4th March 2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 667778)
Decoys is fun... or rather Decoys 2 is. Never actually seen Decoys. :lol:

I'll keep this in mind then. Setting up the dvd player at the weekend to try and watch some of these recent finds!!

Justin101 4th March 2022 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 667784)
Is it a nice looking image, the Blu-ray picture not the artwork? :lol:

Thanks by the way.

It’s a couple of years since I watched it but I didn’t have any complaints :)

Justin101 4th March 2022 07:22 PM

From CEX traded some stuff in, going to watch it shortly!

https://i.ibb.co/8Y5Yj47/BDA050-C3-4...2174341192.jpg

Mojo 4th March 2022 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 667781)

Yes - you are :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th March 2022 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 667788)
From CEX traded some stuff in, going to watch it shortly!

https://i.ibb.co/8Y5Yj47/BDA050-C3-4...2174341192.jpg

Hope you enjoy it. I really like The Skull.

Good interviews with Newman and Rigby too. Hope you still have the book in your case.

Justin101 4th March 2022 09:43 PM

What Have You Bought Recently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 667792)
Hope you enjoy it. I really like The Skull.

Good interviews with Newman and Rigby too. Hope you still have the book in your case.

I’ve seen it before, I have a DVD set with The Deadly Bees and another film. Watched the film already tonight, looks really good, currently listening to Rigby’s smooth voice talking! And yes, the booklet was still in there, I love all the original press pack stuff!!

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th March 2022 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 667794)
I’ve seen it before, I have a DVD set with The Deadly Bees and another film. Watched the film already tonight, looks really good, currently listening to Rigby’s smooth voice talking! And yes, the booklet was still in there, I love all the original press pack stuff!!

Good stuff. :thumb:

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th March 2022 12:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This weeks new arrivals. Sweet Sixteen from 88 Films to upgrade my dvd of what i think is an excellent slasher/thriller and some dvd's from Amazon. Pig was only £3.

Demoncrat 5th March 2022 06:18 PM

3 more, all UK dvds.

The Beiderbecke Trilogy
Hell's Mouth
Resevoir Dogs (2 disc)

£3.

gag 5th March 2022 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
all from cex

Harry potter and half blood prince was £2, harry potter 3 disc, blu ray, DVD and extras.
Impossible was £1
Red faction £6

iank 5th March 2022 11:58 PM

I haven't bought yet, but am considering buying some poster frames for after I've moved (a week on Tuesday!), both for some A4 prints and larger ones. The larger ones are more expensive but still do-able. I just think they'd look so much classier than holding them up with pins or effing blutac as well as protecting the posters better. I've actually bought over a dozen giant sized new 70s and 80s movie posters a month or so back that I haven't even taken out as I knew I was moving, and I've done some prints myself of some stuff including some classic Who and even a couple of Wicked Science ones (with Bridget looking all hot ;) ).
They'd just look a lot nicer framed and I think with this move now's the time to do it.:nod:

iank 7th March 2022 07:02 AM

Arrived:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/A70AA...arl/s-l300.jpg

MuckyFunster 7th March 2022 10:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 667811)
This weeks new arrivals. Sweet Sixteen from 88 Films to upgrade my dvd of what i think is an excellent slasher/thriller and some dvd's from Amazon. Pig was only £3.

I watched Pig recently and really enjoyed it. Definitely an off the wall movie, but very enjoyable. Nicolas Cage played a good character in it. Other than that, without going into the story, I’m not sure how else I’d describe the movie! I watched it along with “Deerskin”. Both movies on RakutenTV. Both ‘off the wall’. Deerskin was great too [emoji106] [emoji106]

Bought these three yesterday from HMV:
Attachment 239340

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th March 2022 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 667857)
I watched Pig recently and really enjoyed it. Definitely an off the wall movie, but very enjoyable. Nicolas Cage played a good character in it. Other than that, without going into the story, I’m not sure how else I’d describe the movie! I watched it along with “Deerskin”. Both movies on RakutenTV. Both ‘off the wall’. Deerskin was great too [emoji106] [emoji106]

I can't say i've heard of Deerskin. I'll look it up.

Edit - It sounds decidedly odd. lol

Demoncrat 7th March 2022 05:08 PM

Deerskin is one of his sanest flicks, see Mandibules if you wants odd folks!!

Ahem.

The Simpsons S8 (Maggie box)
Outlaw
Game Of Thrones (the animated "prequel")

£3.50. All UK.