Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Daemonia 27th October 2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 276581)

That cover is one of the worst examples of photoshopping I've ever seen. Those heads have clearly just been slapped on other bodies and it looks totally wrong and out of perspective!

PaulD 27th October 2012 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 88181

Picked up this today. Had to begrudgingly get the 3D version for the 7 hours of extras. I really hope this sort of thing doesn't become the norm, another reason to despise 3D I suppose

VicDakin 27th October 2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 287030)
That cover is one of the worst examples of photoshopping I've ever seen. Those heads have clearly just been slapped on other bodies and it looks totally wrong and out of perspective!

I have to be honest I never really noticed till you pointed it out,good film tho :lol:

PaulD 27th October 2012 03:31 PM

I need to pick that up at some point as its a fantastic documentary and I'm a huge Scott Walker fan

Handyman Joe 27th October 2012 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was just on e-bay and spotted this for 15 quid - I just love really old movies on blu-ray, the older the better. Wrong thread but I watched The Phantom Carraige (cheers Oaxaca) last night and thought it was absolutely incredible. Would love the Barrymore Jeckyll and Hyde, Vampyr and, of course, Nosferatu next year please.

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th October 2012 04:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This weeks arrivals.

The 3D artcards with The Woman in Black are excellent.

Gojirosan 27th October 2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 286989)
That scott walker doc is a great watch!

Indeed. I've seen it more times than is healthy. Couldn't resist upgrading to the BD version when it popped up in the Zavvi Monday sale.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th October 2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 287031)
Attachment 88181

Picked up this today. Had to begrudgingly get the 3D version for the 7 hours of extras. I really hope this sort of thing doesn't become the norm, another reason to despise 3D I suppose

I also bought that one for the extras. It really seems as if they're desperate for people to buy 3-D releases – it would have been really interesting to see what the sales figures would have been like if the 2-D release also contained the same extra features.

PaulD 27th October 2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 287071)
I also bought that one for the extras. It really seems as if they're desperate for people to buy 3-D releases – it would have been really interesting to see what the sales figures would have been like if the 2-D release also contained the same extra features.

Yeah, I suspect the studio will look at it and think "Oh 3D isn't dead after all! Look how many people plumped for the 3D version".

I'm really looking forward to watching it as, although I had certain misgivings, I did really enjoy it and am curious to see what was left out. I think a lot of the characterisation was flimsy due to the edit so look forward to the deleted scenes.

ArgentoFan1987 27th October 2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handyman Joe (Post 287041)
I was just on e-bay and spotted this for 15 quid - I just love really old movies on blu-ray, the older the better. Wrong thread but I watched The Phantom Carraige (cheers Oaxaca) last night and thought it was absolutely incredible. Would love the Barrymore Jeckyll and Hyde, Vampyr and, of course, Nosferatu next year please.

They're all among my favourites!!! The Phantom Cartisge rates amongst one of my favourite all time films and Les Vampires is so hypnotic.