Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

BAKA 23rd July 2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 411679)
I'd highly recommend Black Moon - although it is certainly an acquired taste. :nod:

I've seen a few films from Louis Malle, but not yet this one. I'm quite looking forward to it, I've seen some interesting reactions, and the clip on Criterion's site is really strange. There's no turning back, I've ordered it now.

keirarts 23rd July 2014 03:00 PM

One quick question. Whats shipping costs like from B&N to the UK.

Very tempted to get some criterion stuff, glad to hear customs not intercepting.

platostotal 23rd July 2014 03:31 PM

4 Attachment(s)
As you will see, today was a good day... the Universal monster set was £15!! pre-owned w/booklet:):) The single BDs were £3 each and Odd Angry Shot was in poundland(tho it's transfer is a bit meh), and there are those who will say the BD of Salvation at £3 is £3 too much:lol::lol: but it completes my Terminator films.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2rc0cv7.jpg

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd July 2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 411686)
I've seen a few films from Louis Malle, but not yet this one. I'm quite looking forward to it, I've seen some interesting reactions, and the clip on Criterion's site is really strange. There's no turning back, I've ordered it now.

You won't regret it!

Well you might, but hopefully you'll enjoy it.

BAKA 23rd July 2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 411687)
One quick question. Whats shipping costs like from B&N to the UK.

Very tempted to get some criterion stuff, glad to hear customs not intercepting.

I paid $13.43 for each order, which both consisted of 6 films.

I would caution you that some people have been stung though, and apparently B&N have listed RRP on a couple of packages. So it is still not without risk. I would say though, that those who appear to have been hit, have all had massive orders that were assigned to couriers, and the couriers automatically pay customs fees to avoid delay. I'd say an order of 5-6 or less should be fine. It seems to have served me well so far, anyway.

Nordicdusk 23rd July 2014 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 140269

A double dip for this I could not resist those postcard.plus it's one of my all time favourite films

platostotal 23rd July 2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 411702)
Attachment 140269

A double dip for this I could not resist those postcard.plus it's one of my all time favourite films

yeah, I loath to double dip but I can see me getting that one.

Refused 23rd July 2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 411700)
I paid $13.43 for each order, which both consisted of 6 films.

I would caution you that some people have been stung though, and apparently B&N have listed RRP on a couple of packages. So it is still not without risk. I would say though, that those who appear to have been hit, have all had massive orders that were assigned to couriers, and the couriers automatically pay customs fees to avoid delay. I'd say an order of 5-6 or less should be fine. It seems to have served me well so far, anyway.

Mine got through ok, but the packages are marked so if you're ordering more than £15 worth you still run the risk of getting caught by customs.

Nordicdusk 23rd July 2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 411726)
yeah, I loath to double dip but I can see me getting that one.

Im not sure if there is any difference between this and the other blu ray i have but there some extra special features and the postcards so worth it.

sjconstable 23rd July 2014 05:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For Love's Sake is a prize I won in a Third Window competition: