Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 3rd September 2016 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 503764)
God no!

I have several of your recommendations from this year in the Decemberdike drawer. - What the Peeper Saw, The Cat and the Canary, Don't Deliver us From Evil, Father's Day, to name four off the top of my head ... annoying brats are a definite no go area.

Some great stuff you have awaiting you there... which Cat and the Canary? (they're all good though in my opinion). DDUFE is the definite stand-out from the above... I think you'll really like it.

Arguably there are some annoying brat(s) in What the Peeper Saw and Father's Day though. ;)

With Sci-Fi September, Horror October and then Noir November I've pretty much forced a 'Decemberdike' on myself for this year now in terms of watching any new purchases.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd September 2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 503766)
Some great stuff you have awaiting you there... which Cat and the Canary? (they're all good though in my opinion). DDUFE is the definite stand-out from the above... I think you'll really like it.

Arguably there are some annoying brat(s) in What the Peeper Saw and Father's Day though. ;)

With Sci-Fi September, Horror October and then Noir November I've pretty much forced a 'Decemberdike' on myself for this year now in terms of watching any new purchases.

It's the Bob Hope version of Cat and the Canary.

I'm looking forward to each and everyone of them.

Ha,ha! Good!
This might sound daft but i'm pleased there are themed months until next year. It's easier to choose things to watch.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd September 2016 05:46 PM

I'm one of those who doesn't actually find Samuel (the boy) to be annoying or, in any way to be a 'spoilt brat', just someone who is desperate for attention and struggling with never having a birthday, a father, and the feeling he has to protect his mother because he has already lost one parent.

His behaviour is certainly unconventional, and his mother definitely struggles, but their circumstances make it perfectly understandable.

nosferatu42 3rd September 2016 05:52 PM

For what it's worth i really liked The Babadook and you should definitely give it a spin.
The kid is annoying but like Nos no.1 said it's understandable due to the circumstances, the premise and execution of the rest of the film more than make up for it.;)

J Harker 3rd September 2016 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 503755)
And it's gone to the very bottom of the pile now.

CEX give a £1.20 voucher for it which is about what i paid, so goodbyeeee!

They're all talking bollocks, the kid's fine. Jesus half of them think the Goonies is a ****ing classic!

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd September 2016 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 503773)
They're all talking bollocks, the kid's fine. Jesus half of them think the Goonies is a ****ing classic!

But it is!!! [emoji38]

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 3rd September 2016 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 503767)
It's the Bob Hope version of Cat and the Canary.

I'm looking forward to each and everyone of them.

Not the best one, but still a worthy watch. Hopefully you'll enjoy them all!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 503767)
Ha,ha! Good!
This might sound daft but i'm pleased there are themed months until next year. It's easier to choose things to watch.

You'd think so - I'm basically randomly selecting titles at the moment for Sci-Fi September. I'll probably be doing the same for both Horror October and Noir November too... although there are a few key titles for all three themed months that I hope to check out.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 3rd September 2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 503773)

Remember Harker: Goonies never say die!

J Harker 3rd September 2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 503776)
Remember Harker: Goonies never say die!

Shouldn't have been born.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd September 2016 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 503775)
Not the best one, but still a worthy watch. Hopefully you'll enjoy them all!

Which is the best version?