LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th November 2011, 08:58 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Kristen Bell is way too attractive, which is extremely off-putting to the point that you don't really care what's going on as long as she's on screen.
Does that mean you like the Twiglet films?!

Among the films I've recently seen are:

Despicable Me, an entertaining and engaging animated comedy which isn't up there with the best of Pixar, but is still very good.

Nightmares Come at Night, which is an unremarkable and fairly forgettable horror film by Jess Franco, though one which holds the attention if only due to the naked flesh on show!

The Conversation is occasionally overlooked when people look at films by Francis Ford Coppola, but I think it's his third best film, inferior only to The Godfather and The Godfather Part II.

Scream, Scream 2 & Scream 3, which I watched all in one evening and, during the triple bill, I ordered Scream 4, which arrived today. I think the first is a remarkable movie which, on first viewing, engaged, scared and entertained me and, apart from the jumps having less impact on each viewing – this goes for each film – it has aged very well and heightened my interest in slasher films. The sequels aren't as good as the first film, but they are still well written, acted and directed.

Hitch-Hike is the first film starring David Hess I've seen since his death and it is a terrific thriller with the main man putting in a fine performance and with a suitably downbeat ending.

Zombie Flesh Eaters, a title I much prefer to the one on the BD (Zombie) and is a film which never ceases to entertain and, though it isn't as good as the films in Romero's original zombie trilogy, stays faithful to the zombie's voodoo roots and, with a shark fighting a zombie, what's not to like?!

The Return of the Living Dead is one of the great zombie-comedies – watched for the Cult Labs Film Night – and is another film which doesn't suffer from repeated viewings, with good laughs, fine score effects and some moments to make those less attuned to horror films jump.

Aenigma is one of the few Lucio Fulci films I haven't (now hadn't) seen and is far from its best, but the concept is a fascinating one. It's just a shame the (if you pardon the pun) execution isn't better.

Deep Red, along with Suspiria, is my favourite Dario Argento film and the finest giallo ever made.
Old 8th November 2011, 09:05 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Does that mean you like the Twiglet films?!
That's Kristen Stewart!

This is Kristen Bell:

Old 8th November 2011, 09:15 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Latest viewings:

[Haunting in Connecticut - Some occasional nice lighting and imagery aside, this is basically a very dull possession/haunted house movie. Best avoided!
I've had this knocking about for over a year, then last week i saw a trailer for it and it looked really good.
Watched it on Sunday night. Just the same as all the rest - dire.

Have film makers never seen the Haunting? a classic film of terror where crap cgi doesn't exist.

It had potential but failed on nearly every level.
Old 8th November 2011, 09:28 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I recommend Fragile as a decent ghost story though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51YwhkHeE2L__SL500_AA300_.jpg (15.8 KB, 2 views)
Gojirosan likes this.
Old 8th November 2011, 10:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid (2005 version)
yes the version where 3 fans thought they knew better than Peckinpah, still a desolate delight.....

Faceless with the comm (Romay & Jesus) looked nice on me tv, and im sure they fall out with the moderator during the comm

can anyone recommend any more Franco commentaries? they are swaying me, as i like the chap's attitude towards life, work etc.....
I agree about Franco, he was interviewed by Emily on SHOCK MOVIE MASSACRE and came across really well, just sitting on the grass talking about vampire barbies, sadly the AB box set doesn't have commentaries on it so I'll leave it to others for commentaries, if Shameless were to pick up a Franco release it be nice to get good ol' Jesus to add some extra goodies.
Old 9th November 2011, 12:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Watched my Heavy Metal Parking Lot DVD yesterday. A DVD that never gets old! It's funny to see how Judas Priest fans were back then and comparing them to myself !
People laugh at the documentary until they recognize their mom on there
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 9th November 2011, 01:41 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Fragile is very good!
Its a Spanish flick but in English
Very well made and creepy from one half of the team that brought us [REC] movies.
mark meakin and Demoncrat like this.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 9th November 2011, 07:04 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Fragile is very good!
Its a Spanish flick but in English
Very well made and creepy from one half of the team that brought us [REC] movies.
The fact that it stars Calista Flockhart has always put me off wanting to watch it, but considering you two gents have given it the thumbs up, I've added to my rental queue.
Old 9th November 2011, 07:26 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
The fact that it stars Calista Flockhart has always put me off wanting to watch it
Reason enough to avoid it like the plague imo!
Old 9th November 2011, 07:41 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
The fact that it stars Calista Flockhart has always put me off wanting to watch it, but considering you two gents have given it the thumbs up, I've added to my rental queue.
FRAGILE is well worth a look.I rather like WIND CHILL as well although I know plenty of people who don't.Good ghost films are so thin on the ground so I'm hoping the new version of THE WOMAN IN BLACK will be good.The trailer looks decent.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!