Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th November 2011, 05:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

GHOULIES
THE IMAGE
Old 7th November 2011, 07:08 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Last night I watched one of my favourites for the millionth time - The Ninth Gate. Anyone else here love it? Very underrated!
Old 7th November 2011, 07:14 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteropod View Post
Last night I watched one of my favourites for the millionth time - The Ninth Gate. Anyone else here love it? Very underrated!
ninth gate is excellent, the lionsgate blu-ray of it is very cheap, multi-region and worth a look if you havent already.
Old 7th November 2011, 10:17 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched Thor last night with the missus.

Apart from the Mario World-like ubersheen of Asgard there was a lot to like especially the performances of Chris Hemsworth as the titular character and a very good turn by Tom Hiddleston as the dastardly Loki.

It never took itself to seriously, which is what also worked for Iron Man (sadly Iron Man 2 went up it's own backside) I thought, and the scenes with Thor getting used to life on earth as a mortal where hilarious.

Obviously the script was geared towards the forthcoming Avengers movie, but if you had this in mind then the finale and coda were fine, but if you weren't aware of this you might easily have felt a bit like, ' is that it?'

Overall great fun packed with jokes and good performances that is ever so slightly marred by garish CGI.

Almost forgot that I didn't recognise Tadanobu Asabo and had to IMDB him - man that dude's looking old

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage
Old 7th November 2011, 11:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Last night I watched the French evil kids movie from 2001 called Childrens Play. (obvious rip off of Childs Play )

Now Im not quite sure if I liked this or not, there was a lot of build up where nothing actually happened but hints were given that the kids were involved. There were only two or three creepy scenes involving the kids in the hour and 17 min movie.

Overall it was average but the UK flick The Children is much better.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 7th November 2011, 12:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hangover 2...bit grimmer than 1st, liked up to a point...

The Escapees...this is the Rollin film i mentioned in the THC2 thread. l liked it. ok, its nae one of his languid dreamy ones (it reminded me of loach at one point) but if it helps me "see the light" im sure no one will mind...nice interview with the man as well and i DO want a look at Iron Rose, those stills were smart!

Exorcism (Franco) watched with comm, SPEAK UP JESS, aside from that i like his attitude....

Psycho...this was on ITV3 last night...so forsaking american dad, i sat back and enjoyed this one more time, never been surpassed, still imitated. the Arbogast death really stood out for me this time, chilling in its banality etc. even if it was semi ruined by incredibly inappropriately placed ad breaks (yes, i know buy the bloody thing...)
Old 7th November 2011, 12:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
Hangover 2
Psycho...this was on ITV3 last night...so forsaking american dad, i sat back and enjoyed this one more time, never been surpassed, still imitated. the Arbogast death really stood out for me this time, chilling in its banality etc. even if it was semi ruined by incredibly inappropriately placed ad breaks (yes, i know buy the bloody thing...)
Hmmm...it just so happens I have a redundant never watched copy of the Psycho SE DVD...anything to trade?

Old 7th November 2011, 12:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Hmmm...it just so happens I have a redundant never watched copy of the Psycho SE DVD...anything to trade?

ooh. give me an idea what youre after, my memories shit at the best of times....
Old 7th November 2011, 01:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
ninth gate is excellent, the lionsgate blu-ray of it is very cheap, multi-region and worth a look if you havent already.
Yeah I haven't bothered to upgrade to it as I'm quite tired of all the lazy Blu-ray releases and am concentrating on spending my money on Masters of Cinema and Criterions, I'm quite happy with my DVD for the time being

I hope Polanski makes another occult thriller to make it a loose trilogy! (with Rosemary's Baby).
Old 7th November 2011, 04:15 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Watched my Heavy Metal Parking Lot DVD yesterday. A DVD that never gets old! It's funny to see how Judas Priest fans were back then and comparing them to myself

Also watched the special features and the other short films on the disc including Monster Truck Parking Lot, Neil Diamond Parking Lot and Harry Potter Parking Lot - all of which are brilliant!

Like this? Share it using the links below!