Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Some bollocks with Lego people in it.
Lego people?

Ahh! you mean Hassan and Dyer.
Old 18th August 2012, 11:54 PM
Cult Addict

Had a Sion sono double bill..

Love exposure. His best film imo, a four hour oddysey about love faith and obsession (and peeking at girls knickers) totally bonkers and great fun.

Strange circus. Very dark tale of child sexual abuse, it keeps shifting reality about to keep the audience guessing how much is real and how much is fantasy right up until the end.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 19th August 2012, 12:05 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

download.jpg
Old 19th August 2012, 01:47 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

DEAD MEN DON'T MAKE SHADOWS -

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 19th August 2012, 09:22 AM
Cult Acolyte

Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Too many missteps to compare it with the first three, but a perfectly entertaining blockbuster. I love how Spielberg shoots his action scenes - so fluid, inventive, and perfectly timed - refreshing in this age of frenzied Bourne/Bay style action. It's a shame how much CGI frequently takes over (the monkey vine swinging being the lowlight), but that was always gonna be the way wasn't it . . .
Rik likes this.
Old 19th August 2012, 10:34 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
DEAD MEN DON'T MAKE SHADOWS -
The Miles Deem western?
Old 19th August 2012, 11:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Recent watches include:-
Halloween(Remake with Rob Zombie commentary)-I like it, I understand why people don't but I enjoy it and the sequel
Halloween III-Very underrated film that shouldn't be associated with the franchise IMO
Dawn of the Dead(1978 Argento cut)-No further comment needed, followed by the excellent Tom Savini doc, Scream Greats, which led me to watch
The Prowler(I watched this on YouTube, I really need to upgrade this from my crappy VHS copy)
Topped it off last night with Return of the Living Dead-Excellent as always, especially Linnea Quigley's ass
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th August 2012, 12:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

THE SENTINEL - My first time with this one. I have to say I liked it, although more for the parts than the whole if that makes sense. Some great scenes in the lesbian ghost murderess's apartment, excellent suicide attempt flashback, some unexpected nose severing... then the climax, with its parade of actual disfigurement - maybe one of the most exploitative moments in the history of cinema (yeah, I know the debate could run and run about agency ownership and manipulation etc etc). I actually felt a sense of genuine Horror during this latter bit, which impressed me as it doesn't happen very often these days when I watch films like this. A brisk, busy mainstreamish rendering of 70s exploitation horror from M Winner.
THE BLACK CAT - Saw this reviewed on here the other day and was prompted to give it another go. I really like it. Hardcore Fulci fans will sneer, but I actually think it's one of his better films. Or one of his more interesting films, cos I'm pretty sure it's not very good - but it has something. The ultraviolence and weird imagery associated with this period of his work are muted, but what remains is his strangely abstract directorial approach. The extreme close ups of eyes and facial features are nearly constant. Overly stylised shots involving depth of field and camera refocus arbitrarily dominate undramatic scenes. Mundane encounters are invested with a bizarre intensity. Weird things happen for no reason. All this creates a really odd atmosphere, particularly against the backdrop of a rubbish portrayal of village England filled with the usual bad acting and badder dialogue / dubbing. Although always a pleasure to watch D Warbeck in action. Well, I liked it anyway.
Old 19th August 2012, 12:32 PM
Ex-member

saw IN BRUGES and enjoyed it
Farrell and Gleason were very good as the hit men this comedy thriller
YOU KILL ME with Ben Kingsley as a drunken hit man for the mob, wasn't bad
Old 19th August 2012, 04:42 PM
Cult Addict

Bourne legacy.

Spends ages plot hammering to the point of tedium, suddenly theres some action and it looks like it might start being interesting then it just f*****g ends. Poor Renner is a decent actor, I had hoped this might have given him a franchise but after this I wish marvel would man up and make a hawkeye movie instead.
Baseball Fury likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!