Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2012, 01:54 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It's a great sci-fi film with a brilliant central performance by David Bowie. It stands up to repeated viewings and is even better once you've read the novella on which it's based.

If you haven't seen Performance, which Nic Roeg codirected with Donald Cammell, it's another visionary masterpiece with a different rock star – Mick Jagger – proving he can act as well as sing.
i have never thought much of TMWFTE a crap sci fi and Roeg has made better - DON'T LOOK NOW being his best imo
and Bowie as an actor or singer........no
he was dull as was the film Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence, Absolute Beginners et al
Old 18th August 2012, 03:07 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
i have never thought much of TMWFTE a crap sci fi and Roeg has made better - DON'T LOOK NOW being his best imo
and Bowie as an actor or singer........no
he was dull as was the film Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence, Absolute Beginners et al
How can you hate bowie as king of the goblins in labaryinth? I didn't think that was possible!
Old 18th August 2012, 04:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Awakening (1980)

No where near as bad as I was lead to believe, but still a bit of a missed opportunity.

Pieces/Burial Ground

Good times!
Old 18th August 2012, 05:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

LIVIDE - Nearly excellent. From the makers of 'Inside'. Blossoms from quite good 'haunted house' schtick into an almost brilliant fairytale Rollinesque meander at the end. Along the way we find catfish-headed girl automata, wizened freaks in oygen masks, transmigration of souls via moth, and a touching female double act desperate to shrug off the weight of a(n) (in this case) twisted matriarchy. I really liked it. Bollocks to the dickheads who moaned about not quite being able to get their heads around "the jarring tonal transitions". If your vision of horror cinema insists on linearity and formula, then pass on this. If you like violent surrealism with some generic elements, this is for you.
Old 18th August 2012, 07:03 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
How can you hate bowie as king of the goblins in labaryinth? I didn't think that was possible!
THAT DIDN'T ****ING HAPPEN!!!!!
fuzzymctiger likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 18th August 2012, 07:05 PM
Cult Addict

Inglorious Bastards (2009)- Eli Roth was actualy really good in this.
It was all really good to be honest, just a good modern build on the old Spagh-western theme..........HUGO STIGLITZ [BUU-DUUUUU!!!].

DVD and BD collection
Old 18th August 2012, 11:02 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I experienced the wonder that is 4D cinema today, at Lego Land at the Trafford Centre in Manchester. Basically it's standard 3D cinema but with interactive effects: sprays of water for rain; smoke machines for fire; wind machines and foam falling from the ceiling for snow and ice. It was f*cking great, though I did duck out when the Lego versions of "Water Power" and "Slaughtered Vomit Dolls" were announced.
Old 18th August 2012, 11:08 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
LIVIDE - Nearly excellent. From the makers of 'Inside'. Blossoms from quite good 'haunted house' schtick into an almost brilliant fairytale Rollinesque meander at the end. Along the way we find catfish-headed girl automata, wizened freaks in oygen masks, transmigration of souls via moth, and a touching female double act desperate to shrug off the weight of a(n) (in this case) twisted matriarchy. I really liked it. Bollocks to the dickheads who moaned about not quite being able to get their heads around "the jarring tonal transitions". If your vision of horror cinema insists on linearity and formula, then pass on this. If you like violent surrealism with some generic elements, this is for you.
That's on my list of films to buy cheap from the Supermarket once they drop the price, which should happen in a few weeks. Damn, it was never part of the plan on my cheap Supermarket films adventure to buy something good!
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 18th August 2012, 11:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I experienced the wonder that is 4D cinema today, at Lego Land at the Trafford Centre in Manchester. Basically it's standard 3D cinema but with interactive effects: sprays of water for rain; smoke machines for fire; wind machines and foam falling from the ceiling for snow and ice. It was f*cking great, though I did duck out when the Lego versions of "Water Power" and "Slaughtered Vomit Dolls" were announced.
What did you actually see?
Old 18th August 2012, 11:16 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
What did you actually see?
Some bollocks with Lego people in it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!