Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th July 2012, 06:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

LEMORA - I can't believe it's taken me so long to get around to this wonderful film. This may sound over the top, but watching parts of 'Lemora' felt almost like walking in a dream... the overall look in some respects couldn't be more Bavaesque, and the feeling is as hazy but more fairy-tale. The attitude is more unsettling - it's about an adolescent girl's existential growing pains, and it's difficult to know whether we're in the realm of psycholgy or the supernatural as the two seem blurred here. Whatever, I think it's a unique film, for all the right reasons... I only ever really say that about Eraserheads and Holy Mountains etc. "Impressionistic and really quite spooky" doesn't quite sum up the intoxicating atmosphere of this strange and beguilling movie.
Old 24th July 2012, 06:45 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
LEMORA - I can't believe it's taken me so long to get around to this wonderful film. This may sound over the top, but watching parts of 'Lemora' felt almost like walking in a dream... the overall look in some respects couldn't be more Bavaesque, and the feeling is as hazy but more fairy-tale. The attitude is more unsettling - it's about an adolescent girl's existential growing pains, and it's difficult to know whether we're in the realm of psycholgy or the supernatural as the two seem blurred here. Whatever, I think it's a unique film, for all the right reasons... I only ever really say that about Eraserheads and Holy Mountains etc. "Impressionistic and really quite spooky" doesn't quite sum up the intoxicating atmosphere of this strange and beguilling movie.
It sounds like a sister film to Valerie and Her Week of Wonders.

Or am i way off the mark?
Old 24th July 2012, 06:47 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post

Valerie's much better, but you're not far wrong in some respects.
Old 24th July 2012, 06:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Ach, that reminds me, my Lemora order got nixed in the collapse of Planet Axel. Gonna have to find another sweet deal on it . . .
Old 24th July 2012, 06:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default What films have you seen recently?

I asked a girl out today,but all she gave me was TWO EVIL EYES
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TWO-EVIL-EYE.jpg (79.2 KB, 57 views)
Old 24th July 2012, 06:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post

A comparison often made. I actually prefer 'Lemora'.
Old 24th July 2012, 06:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Nothing watched recently but I finish work this Friday for two weeks and I have loads of movies lined up to watch. The reptile,plague of the zombies,blade 2,hills have eyes remake,total recall and the human centipede all on bluray. Can't wait.
Old 24th July 2012, 08:08 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Recent viewings:

VicDakin, gag, PaulD and 5 others like this.
Old 24th July 2012, 08:31 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
I have a theory that once in a while certain film makers for reasons unknown, reach across all known boundaries in their films and offer the viewer a glimpse of something "other". As odd and unfashionable as it sounds these glimpses for me are like Shamans returning from the spirit world with tales of wonder and medication for the soul. "Lemora", "Messiah of Evil", "The Child" and parts of Jean Rollin and Franco's films do this for me.
Old 24th July 2012, 08:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched Nekromantik last night, I first read about this in an issue of TDS sometime in 1991 and it's taken me until now to get a copy, a rather strange film to say the least.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!