Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th May 2012, 06:46 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
The movie was just to much like a cheap Twilight cash in for my licking.
And when you attempt to be the next Twilight, you dont asspire very high.
Your right though, Del Toro could have made it surprisingly refreshing, but alas.
I didn't think it was too Twilight, but then i've never seen Twilight. I enjoyed the film, thought it had very good cinematography.

It was what it was - a werewolf film aimed at all ages. Were you expecting The Howling or something like that, finally if you have seen Twilight and loathed it why, oh why would you watch the same directors follow up film?
Old 5th May 2012, 06:51 PM
Cult Addict

I don't loathe Twilight for a start. Hell, I get a laugh from watching the shenanigans of Fairys and Teddy-Wolfs at the bottom of the garden, sparkling fairy dust and acting all emo. It's so bad it's laughable and I lap it up. Call me masochistic, so I must be.
As for Red Riding Hood, maybe I have blown my opinion way out of proprtion.
I first watched it with my current she-beast and she adored it, going on for week's as to why it was so glories. I just wanted to go into auto-pilot every time I heard the title.
I may give it a try again one day, in a year or two, but for now I'll stick to laughing at Christin Stuarts abysmal acting skills.

DVD and BD collection
Old 6th May 2012, 11:01 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Cat O' Nine Tails
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 6th May 2012, 11:06 AM
Cult Master

!cid_26D860B2-0B96-4313-BA2F-C626D697E27A@equinox-tv.jpg

I enjoyed this film. I really liked the setting and the Nazi paintings added to how creepy it was.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 6th May 2012, 01:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

FAUSTO 5.0 - Whilst I was a little disappointed to find this wasn't the orgy of surreal depravity I thought it might be, it's a good film and is well worth a viewing. Essentially it's another updating of Faust, this time set in the context of terminal medicine, where a jaded medic finds his desires brought to life by El Diablo. An engageing arthouse rendering, but could've exploited its depressing backdrop and featured some more of the bizarre video effects sequences that crop up a couple of times.
THE DRIVER - This is a really great film, existential noir shaved right down to the bone. Ryan O'Neil and Bruce Dern are terrific as rivals locked in a deadly game. Elegant onlooker Isabelle Adjani conceals her own agenda. There are car chases, but even the action sequences feel like cold, detached meditations, silent apart from the wail of sirens. But this film isn't about action, it's an evocation of a chilly, psychopathic world where everyone's playing or being played. Surely a must see.
MADAME O - Another world with all the good squeezed out. A surgeon stalks men by night in order to spread the disease inflicted on her by rapists... until she falls in love with another medic at her practice. The bad stuff stops there, right? No of course it doesn't, not until the nihilistic conclusion when everybody dies screaming. Noirish and erotic, and very haunting, this quasi pinku is suggestive rather than explicit in laying down its twistedness and comes highly recommended - DVD from Synapse looks great, shame it's dubbed but this in no way detracts.
Old 6th May 2012, 01:47 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Cat O' Nine Tails
My first Argento. And my first AV Blu-ray.
Horrificaly under-rated movie I consider on Par with Four Flies and Inferno.

DVD and BD collection
Old 6th May 2012, 03:12 PM
Cult Master

1986-movie-24-years-ago.jpg

Chuck Norris Lee Marvin motorcycle with mounted rockets whats not to love . I just wish big George Kennedy had more of a role in it.
Old 6th May 2012, 03:17 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 61509

I enjoyed this film. I really liked the setting and the Nazi paintings added to how creepy it was.

Woo! Glad to hear you enjoyed this film, Nordic. It's a brilliant survival-slasher

Went to see The Avengers last night with a friend. There's been so much hype about this film, I was expecting to be blown away. Whilst it was cool to see all the superheroes together and how each of their previous plots tie into this, I was slightly disappointed. The first 45 minutes of so is rather slow and boring, and the film is very Hollywoody and formulaic. But it's still a lot of fun with some hillarious comedy relief dotted throughout and some jaw-droppingly awesome effects. Here's hoping for more!

In fact, here's hoping they turn Marvel Zombies into a film!
fuzzymctiger and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 6th May 2012, 03:27 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Woo! Glad to hear you enjoyed this film, Nordic. It's a brilliant survival-slasher

Went to see The Avengers last night with a friend. There's been so much hype about this film, I was expecting to be blown away. Whilst it was cool to see all the superheroes together and how each of their previous plots tie into this, I was slightly disappointed. The first 45 minutes of so is rather slow and boring, and the film is very Hollywoody and formulaic. But it's still a lot of fun with some hillarious comedy relief dotted throughout and some jaw-droppingly awesome effects. Here's hoping for more!

In fact, here's hoping they turn Marvel Zombies into a film!
i'm totally with you on that Kyle, i wasn't blown away either, it just seemed like we'd seen it all before. It was very Hollywoody and the alien invasion lasted about 45 minutes....
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 6th May 2012, 03:30 PM
Cult Addict

A Marvel Zombie's cinematic adaptaion?.......Only if they addapt Army of Darkness vs. Marvel Zombies into the plot.

DVD and BD collection

Like this? Share it using the links below!