All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179668Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th October 2012, 07:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Lucky you! They've given my local Morrisons a makeover taking away the blooming bargain bins leaving only the chart stuff
I feel your pain
Old 4th October 2012, 07:35 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

As well as the previously mentioned Asylum Erotica/Slaughter Hotel today I also watched:

Love Goddess of the Cannibals: really enjoyed this tropical sleazefest. It dipped a little towards the end but recovers with a great ending. Not as cannibally as I expected but still a really great watch

Forbidden Photos of a Woman Above Suspicion: perfectly perfunctory giallo. Had a fairly predictable outcome due to a lack of primary characters as potential red herrings and it didn't have as interesting a directorial style as other gialli but I still really enjoyed it nonetheless. The changing hairstyles of the 2 main ladies confused me!
bdc, Pete, g053584398 and 2 others like this.
Old 4th October 2012, 08:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

After the complete WTF of Cabin in the Woods earlier, I watched the TCM remake for the first time in HD, say what you like about this film but I liked it when it came out and I still do.
Wes and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th October 2012, 11:08 PM
Cult Addict

THE BOXER'S OMEN. Wow, mind meltingly good in an eel vomiting way. If I had to recommend one film I've seen so far this year to anyone, it would be this one.
Old 4th October 2012, 11:17 PM
Cult Addict

Anyone fancy joining in on this?

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...view-club.html
Old 5th October 2012, 10:57 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I hear ya, and much of what you said is true more or less - no one would say it's a classic - Season of the Witch is a better film, but I suspect a lot of us here grew up with the film, and enjoy it for having that unmistakable flavour of a first wave early 80's slasher. It's unpretentious, undemanding, but the rack 'em up and knock 'em down structure just works...
True enough, I still enjoy The Burning, for that very reason - I just don't think Halloween 2 executes the concept well at all - on reflection probably because there's no build up - anticipation is usually the best part of these films - this is just like the last 10 minutes of a slasher spread over 100. Very thinly spread.
Old 5th October 2012, 11:04 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yep, I totally see that....

Another reason I like the film is for that nurse who takes the hot bath - fantastic bod....
Old 5th October 2012, 03:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
THE BOXER'S OMEN. Wow, mind meltingly good in an eel vomiting way. If I had to recommend one film I've seen so far this year to anyone, it would be this one.
YES YES YES......I second that emotion

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th October 2012, 06:01 PM
Cult Addict

THINGS. A zero budget, shot on super 8 film from Canada in the late '80s. This fits perfectly into the anti-film, school of film making, as such wonders as PSYCHED BY THE 4-D WITCH and the works of Nathan Schiff. The plot wanders in and out of the film as people endlessly talk, eat, drink and open cupboards. Never have so many cupboards been opened in one film. There's a far bit of gore on offer, in amongst the oddness on display and there's heaps of that. This is pure glory for those who like to be baffled, bored and put into a hypnagogic state by film.
Old 5th October 2012, 07:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Trollenberg Terror (1958)

The Amazing Transplant (1970) - Poor acting, poor cinematography, ropey plot - I loved it.

Ghosthouse (1988) - I really like this film yet I seem to manage to forget that I've already seen it!

Like this? Share it using the links below!