Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th October 2012, 11:40 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's been a few years now since I last saw it but what does the archeologist say to the zombie in the opning reel ? "I'm your friend" ? The film is nuts from the beginning !
Old 24th October 2012, 12:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Lord of the Rings:Fellowship of the Ring-my son wants go watch The Hobbit this Xmas so I borrowed the theatrical DVDs off my sister to watch before then. This is the only part of the trilogy that I've seen and that was 10 years ago, after a long night shift, so today was very much like seeing it with fresh eyes. We both loved it and I wanted to put The Two Towers on next but his younger brother has been nagging us for 3 hours asking if it had finished yet so he can play on the Xbox!
I feel like I've been missing out by not having seen these films before(bar this one), I guess it's because of my love of the books and not enough faith in Peter Jackson
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 24th October 2012, 12:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Lord of the Rings:Fellowship of the Ring-my son wants go watch The Hobbit this Xmas so I borrowed the theatrical DVDs off my sister to watch before then. This is the only part of the trilogy that I've seen and that was 10 years ago, after a long night shift, so today was very much like seeing it with fresh eyes. We both loved it and I wanted to put The Two Towers on next but his younger brother has been nagging us for 3 hours asking if it had finished yet so he can play on the Xbox!
I feel like I've been missing out by not having seen these films before(bar this one), I guess it's because of my love of the books and not enough faith in Peter Jackson
Now you need to watch the superior Extended Editions too, I absolutely adore the LOTR series and they look positively jawdropping on Blu too if you ever get the chance to watch them on that format

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 24th October 2012, 12:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Now you need to watch the superior Extended Editions too, I absolutely adore the LOTR series and they look positively jawdropping on Blu too if you ever get the chance to watch them on that format
I've already added the Extended Blu set to my Christmas wishlist, I really am disappointed in myself for not giving these a chance. Can't wait to watch the other 2 now!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 24th October 2012, 12:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
I've already added the Extended Blu set to my Christmas wishlist, I really am disappointed in myself for not giving these a chance. Can't wait to watch the other 2 now!
If you have read the books, #2 and #3 and very bad adaptations especially #3
Wes likes this.
Old 24th October 2012, 12:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
If you have read the books, #2 and #3 and very bad adaptations especially #3
I read them a hell of a long time ago, so unless they're as bad adaptions as Kubrick's The Shining, then I won't be bothered
Old 24th October 2012, 12:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
I read them a hell of a long time ago, so unless they're as bad adaptions as Kubrick's The Shining, then I won't be bothered
The green twister is very bad,people who's seen it ,will know what I mean
Old 24th October 2012, 12:59 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
I wouldn't say I adore the series but, on two occasions, I've done a Lord of The Rings: The Extended Day, where I watched all three films (the extended versions) back-to-back. Awesome.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 24th October 2012, 01:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Black Christmas (Bob Clark, 1974). the Tartan Grindhouse one, you know I don't remember it being as dark on t'telly (PQ wise that is), either that or my contrast is set too low haha.

You know you've got a good one when you see something else every time you watch it really. Had never noticed how "giallo-esque" some of the imagery is (or I should watch more films sober harumph!)

Will never sullly my peepers with remake, trailer was enough to make me sigh.

If you haven't seen this, why fricking not???

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th October 2012, 01:55 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I wouldn't say I adore the series but, on two occasions, I've done a Lord of The Rings: The Extended Day, where I watched all three films (the extended versions) back-to-back. Awesome.
And I thought I didn't have a life!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!