LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th November 2012, 09:54 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Yeah but he's done so much better in the past with so much less
The thing with Survival in my opinion is that Romero just tried to do something a little different, which i applaud him for.

Sure he could have just stuck his protagonists in a house and had zombies trying to get in but he would have received far more critical flak for that.

Personally i think he should leave the Dead in peace as there isn't much that can be done with them that he or someone else hasn't already tried.

Just out of interest Paul, what would you have him do?
Gojirosan likes this.
Old 26th November 2012, 09:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
The thing with Survival in my opinion is that Romero just tried to do something a little different, which i applaud him for.

Sure he could have just stuck his protagonists in a house and had zombies trying to get in but he would have received far more critical flak for that.

Personally i think he should leave the Dead in peace as there isn't much that can be done with them that he or someone else hasn't already tried.

Just out of interest Paul, what would you have him do?
I would have him make his zombies run around and shout "BRAINS" ,AH I see a flaw.
Old 26th November 2012, 10:14 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:

Just out of interest, what would you have him do?
Make something of interest that doesn't involve tainting his legacy as one of the great American horror film makers. I'm no fan of George's body of work but think "The Crazies", "Martin" and "Season of the Witch" are some of the finest and most interesting films from the USA in the 70s. I think it's a real shame that he will only be remembered for his zombie films which, to me, are his weakest works.
Old 26th November 2012, 10:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Make something of interest that doesn't involve tainting his legacy as one of the great American horror film makers. I'm no fan of George's body of work but think "The Crazies", "Martin" and "Season of the Witch" are some of the finest and most interesting films from the USA in the 70s. I think it's a real shame that he will only be remembered for his zombie films which, to me, are his weakest works.
All the older directors now seem to have had it in quality terms. Romero, Argento, Carpenter.

The problem the horror industry has now is that the new breed of film makers, Green, Roth, Zombie etc all get kicked to shit by the fans who want films from their heroes not these youngsters. However when the classic directors make a film that isn't Tenebrae, The Fog etc then they also get kicked to shit by the fans for as you put it "tainting their legacy". Unfortunately though you are right as the majority of their output in recent years does "taint their legacy".

New horrors by unknown people aren't given a chance because on the whole new horror films are poorly made, badly acted, CGI rubbish.

The only success stories nowadays are teen friendly vamp rom-coms which no one on here likes except PaulD which neatly brings us back to square one meaning we should all ignore his critical panning of a Romero film.*

Its a lose lose situation.

*I'm only kidding Paul.
Old 26th November 2012, 10:51 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
All the older directors now seem to have had it in quality terms. Romero, Argento, Carpenter.

The problem the horror industry has now is that the new breed of film makers, Green, Roth, Zombie etc all get kicked to shit by the fans who want films from their heroes not these youngsters. However when the classic directors make a film that isn't Tenebrae, The Fog etc then they also get kicked to shit by the fans for as you put it "tainting their legacy". Unfortunately though you are right as the majority of their output in recent years does "taint their legacy".

New horrors by unknown people aren't given a chance because on the whole new horror films are poorly made, badly acted, CGI rubbish.

Its a lose lose situation.

:
Very well said good sir i could not agree more
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 26th November 2012, 10:56 PM
Cult Addict

Just finished watching Bad News On Tour and More Bad News back to back and I haven't laughed as much in a long time. Dare I say it, better than Spinal Tap?
SharonLynette and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 26th November 2012, 10:58 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Just finished watching Bad News On Tour and More Bad News back to back and I haven't laughed as much in a long time. Dare I say it, better than Spinal Tap?

Yes you may say it because its true
mr 420 likes this.
Old 26th November 2012, 10:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
I've never seen either Bad News film, nor Spinal Tap.
Old 26th November 2012, 11:02 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
I've never seen either Bad News film, nor Spinal Tap.
You should check them out all three are very funny.
Old 26th November 2012, 11:23 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The Cabin In The Woods - 2011 USA d: Drew Goddard

Thoroughly smug and angering load of bollocks that thinks it's so very clever. The comedy isn't funny, the horror isn't horrifying. One can't help but imagine a lot of self congratulation and patting each other on the back when this was written. It is infuriating from start to end and really doesn't offer anything more than Williamson and Craven dished up with more fun and less pretension as Scream.

Avoid.

Last edited by Gojirosan; 26th November 2012 at 11:34 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!